KFC Double Down

on
Monday, November 22, 2010

I finally did it: I ate KFC's Double Down, a.k.a. a heart attack waiting to happen. For those who don't know what this is, it's a sandwich that consists of bacon, pepper jack cheese, and "Colonel's sauce" in between two pieces of fried chicken fillets. It was supposedly discontinued in Canada last week, but as far as I know, it's still available at most KFC locations in the city. When I first heard of this sandwich, I was like, "It is far too disgusting for me not to try." It apparently has less calories than some other fried chicken burgers, but a full day's worth of sodium. These facts, however, wouldn't deter me from eating it. After all, I've eaten deep-fried Oreos. Hell, I've eaten deep-fried butter.

The verdict? Surprisingly not that bad. I'd even give it a 7/10. It was definitely on the saltier side, but actually pretty enjoyable for the most part. I could've had more sauce (there was barely any, but it could've just been because of the location I was at), but the pepper jack cheese adds a nice kick to it. I was kind of bloated afterward but I didn't feel sick (like I do sometimes after eating McDonald's). I probably wouldn't order it again just because it's kind of expensive for what it is (about $7 per sandwich, and $9 for a combo) and it's not exactly substantial as a meal, but I'm glad I tried it!
2 comments on "KFC Double Down"
  1. I thought the Double Down was no longer available in stores??

    I still have a chance to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YOU DO! I was so disappointed when I read that it was going to be discontinued on November 17, and then I went to the KFC at York University yesterday and they totally still had the poster on the menu! And I passed another KFC location and they were still advertising it on their billboard! I may need to grab another one, you know, just in case...

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9