Go For Tea

on
Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Wynnie and I went out for a late dinner tonight. We originally wanted to try this new Vietnamese place that just opened up at Midland and McNicoll, but alas, they close at 10:00, and we arrived there at 9:52. So we decided to go to Go For Tea because it's right next door, and they have decent food despite the shitty service we get every time we go there (this is not location-specific - it's both locations). I ordered the satay beef with rice, and it was actually pretty damn tasty and came in a good portion. The only thing that I might complain about is the ratio of the ingredients, which is about 30% beef and 70% onions. And also that this dish gives you the ultimate in super-stink breath, because there's about six cloves of garlic in there, along with the onions. Seriously, I can still taste it. And this is after three mints, a piece of gum, brushing my teeth, and using mouth wash. Out of control.

On another note, the service tonight was actually not that bad. We actually got a waiter that could speak fluent English! And was friendly! And had the ability to smile! I mean, seriously, we're not asking for award-winning service here. But a little hospitality goes a long way, no?

Also, I totally just spent an hour playing Fruit Ninja on my iPhone. Holy, addictive.
3 comments on "Go For Tea"
  1. try a teaspoon of peanut butter after over consumption of garlic.

    I swear it works. Something about the peanut butter breaking down the aromatic oils of garlic...?

    :D will try satay beef. I tried curry chicken last time and it was such a fail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, that looks tasty! And I'm totally jealous of how often you dine out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Jaime, someone also told me to eat an apple after eating garlic... Something about the acidity of it counteracts stink-breath, lol. Of course, if I tried the peanut butter, wouldn't I be stuck with peanut butter breath? :P

    Sydney, don't be jealous, I am super poor because of it. :(

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9