Luxe Box

on
Monday, October 17, 2011

I finally received this month's Luxe Box in the mail, and the first thing I noticed is that they've upped their game in terms of packaging. They now come in sleek black slide boxes, new product info cards, and personalized stickers. I'm not sure I like the boxes more than the old ones, 'cause they were sturdier and more ideal for storing my nail polishes and random knick knacks... but, hey, they do look really pretty.


Inside this month's box:
Lise Watier Flash Lift Radiance Vial (sample size, 1 ml): This is a new serum that promises to give instant radiance, erase signs of fatigue, and smooth the appearance of wrinkles. I find it odd that they'd name it Flash Lift Radiance, because they don't actually mention the product doing any lifting. Regardless, this isn't a product I would use, anyhow. With my shiny, oily skin, anything that will add "radiance" will just make me look like an oil slick. They do give a full ampoule of product, but it really is a one-time use only sample, and I don't believe anyone can fully see the benefits of a skincare product only after one use.

Lise Watier Plumpissimo Le Gloss in Opalescence (sample size, 1.5 ml): I've tried these glosses before, and while I'm not sure how well it really plumps (my lips look juicy, sure, but not bigger), nor am I a huge fan of plumping glosses, the texture and look of them are very nice. They're non-sticky, and provide a lot of shine. There is a light tingling sensation, presumably for that "plumping" effect. Opalescence has a colourless, very slightly milky base with silver, blue, pink, and green micro-shimmer. This shade is more ideal for layering on top of other products to add shine and sparkle, but can also be worn alone for those who want to add shine and sparkle without adding colour. The amount given is pretty generous as far as sample sizes go; it'll be enough for anyone to really try the product.

Kérastase Elixir Ultime (sample size, 5 ml): This hair serum is meant to "bring shine, nourishment, and deep conditioning while smoothing the hair fibre." It's a product that is good for all hair types, but I'm not sure how well 5 ml of product will convince someone of its merits to purchase the full-size product, which is $50 for 125 ml. I gotta be honest, I'm always intrigued by these hair products, but knowing that the retail price is so steep always keeps me from trying them to begin with. I suppose I can try this after I straighten my hair to smooth frizz and flyaways, but I doubt I'll buy the full-size even if I like it.

Olay Professional Pro-X Eye Restoration Complex (sample size): This eye treatment is meant to "hydrate to restore the area to its optimum appearance by improving the look of crow's feet" as well as "reduce excess fluids to diminish dark circles and puffiness." This seems to be a product that is targeted to those well over 35. Add that to the fact that I don't use eye cream; I'll definitely be giving it away. But they do give a generous amount of product (the exact amount is not on the package, but it looks to be around half the amount of a full-size product, which is 15 ml) so it should provide about one to two months worth of use.

China Glaze Crackle Glaze Nail Lacquer in Lightning Bolt (full size, 14 ml): I love China Glaze, but I've never tried their new Crackle Glazes (similar to OPI's Shatter polishes), so I'm quite excited to try this one out. Lightning Bolt is an opaque white cream, which should match just about any polish shade.

This box was, overall, disappointing. For a box that was apparently created just for me, it doesn't seem to fit my beauty needs or wants. I won't use the Lise Watier serum or the Olay eye cream (both of which seem to be targeted for those who are 35+ in age), and I'm not a huge fan of plumping glosses. I actually think the only thing I'll really use from this box is the China Glaze polish, which retails for $8 (and a Luxe Box is $10 a month). This doesn't even compete with my Glymm box.
2 comments on "Luxe Box"
  1. The Crackle Glaze is probably the only thing for you in that box. I think Luxe Box had two good months then everything went down after that, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Luxe Box has been a huge disappointment to me for the last few months. :( I think I signed up for a total of six boxes, so the next one should be the last... I don't think I'll be renewing, though... It's just not worth it, even for $10 a month. :P

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9