Glymm: October Box

on
Friday, October 14, 2011


I finally got my first Glymm box in the mail today! For those who haven't heard of Glymm, it's a beauty subscription program very similar to Luxe Box. I had originally read about this through Mary's blog and got tempted to join. It's $10 a month (or $110 for a year), and you get a box of four to five deluxe beauty samples sent right to your door.


This month, I received:
Vasanti Silky Eyeshadow in Tokyo (full size, 3.2 g): I've never tried Vasanti's products, but I was pleasantly surprised at the Silky Eyeshadow I received. Tokyo is a lovely warm rose pink with gold micro-shimmer, and it goes on smooth and silky with great colour pay-off and is easily blendable. It should look great on all skintones and undertones, and I can see it working beautifully as a blush as well.

Principessa Bacio Me Lip Balm (full size, 14 g): I have always wanted to try Principessa's products, and I am frequently tempted to purchase something when I see their stuff, all in pretty pink packaging, lining the shelves at Murale. But I never end up buying anything because I always end up getting distracted by other brands. This lip balm, in a handy slant-tipped squeeze tube (like my favourite Jack Black lip balm!), is packed with shea butter and vitamin E, and goes on lightweight and super smooth, and feels amazing on the lips. It's a creamy lip balm (rather than waxy) without feeling sticky or goopy, and has a light vanilla marshmallow scent but is taste-free. Love it!

Lise Watier Kiss Lip Crayon Gloss in Rouge Flamenco (full size, 2.8 g): A great product if you want the hydration and feel of a lip balm, the colour of a lipstick, and the look of a gloss. It actually gives a really good amount of colour while providing hydration and shine. Rouge Flamenco is a fabulous cherry red shade that goes on opaque and has great colour pay-off. The crayon-style applicator makes it fool-proof to put on and super-easy to get precision, very similar to Clinique's Chubby Sticks. I'm not sure if it's the same with all of their shades, but Rouge Flamenco smells and tastes like cherry slushies. My only qualm about this product is you have to sharpen it yourself, and it has to be through a jumbo sharpener. It's kind of a pain in the ass if you don't already have one.

Caudalie Premier Cru The Cream (sample size, 2 g): I have used a few of Caudalie's body products (I whole-heartedly recommend the hand cream), but not the skincare. Premier Cru The Cream "regenerates and re-densifies skin, filling wrinkles, firming and lifting, and minimizing dark spots for an evenly luminous look." It sounds promising, but it's not really my cup of tea. It sounds like it's for a more mature skin, firstly, and the texture of the cream is a bit too rich for my combination/oily skin. I will pass on this, but those with more mature skin or those who want to try anti-aging moisturizers may be interested.

Jelly Belly beans: A little jar of orange and black liquorice jelly beans to celebrate Halloween! A really nice touch to an already fantastic box. I love that they sprung for the Jelly Belly brand, too, rather than a generic brand (which, let's be honest, is a huge difference).

Can I just say I am super impressed with this box? A whopping three full-sized products, worth $43 on their own! And not only are they full-sized, but they're actually products I've wanted to try and will absolutely use! I know it's a little too soon to judge having only received one box so far, but I think Glymm might just be better than Luxe Box.
6 comments on "Glymm: October Box"
  1. Wow, 3 full size products! I am really impressed, and I've been really critical of all the box services that are out there lately. The worst is when they throw in a granola bar or something hideous like that. I don't believe in paying for samples but these are not samples!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Liz! I thought Luxe Box was great at first, but I've been getting more and more disappointed with each box I get, which is why I was so super impressed with Glymm! I just hope that this standard is consistent and not just a once in a blue moon kind of deal... But, yeah, not only are these full-size, but they're also great luxury brands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is waiting for me at the post office. I don't like that they don't just leave it on your doorstep and that I have to go and get it! ARGH!

    That being said, I'm looking forward to it! If it's good, and this month's Luxe Box is sucky, I'm going to cancel LB. I think I want to keep Julep + one general beauty box only. The samples are piling up LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Sydney -- I'm really thinking about cancelling LB as well... I just haven't been very impressed with the samples I've been getting for the last couple months. :( Have you received your October Julep box yet? I'm so excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What??? Now I really regret not signing up last month when I read about it on iblogbeauty. I've really been wanting to try Vasanti - haven't been able to find it at Rexall where they apparently carry the line. And I really like the Lise Watier crayons. I had it in Mango and lost it, then got Pink Jelly. This month's Glymm box is an AMAZING deal considering I paid over $20 after tax for one lip crayon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Lindsay! I never go into Rexall or PharmaPlus, so I've actually never tried Vasanti... But I've heard a lot of things about it; apparently the colour cosmetics like eyeshadows and blushes are great. And yeah, I totally agree that this box was a super good deal; I was so surprised when they included all these full-size products, especially the Lise Watier lip crayon, since it retails for $18! I do wanna try out some of the other colours, especially Melon Twist and Passion Fuchsia. It's too bad I don't get a discount anymore, though. :(

    I do think that this month's Glymm box has really set the bar high for any future Glymm boxes, as well as Luxe Box, though!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9