Finally went with Iris to try out the newly-opened third location of Miss Qu Claypot & BBQ:

Steamed pork buns

Lychee shrimp balls

Tofu and seafood claypot



While the steamed pork buns were pretty basic and just a little too soft, both the lychee shrimp balls (which, to be clear, are just shaped like lychee, not lychee-flavoured) and the silken tofu claypot were excellent. The shrimp balls contain huge chunks of shrimp and have this delectably crunchy exterior unlike anything else I've ever tried (or seen) — if you like deep-fried shrimp, these are a must-have. The silken tofu claypot was filled to the brim with tofu cubes, shrimp, and crab meat sticks. The vivid yellow colour apparently comes from crab roe, but I didn't find this tasting fishy or particularly seafood-y at all. It's mild, comforting, and oddly addictive. It's also perfect for those who can't eat spicy (like Iris).
We went just after 3:00PM, thinking that it wouldn't be busy at all since it's just after the typical lunch rush. So I don't know if it's because of the hype (I mean, Miss Qu is so popular that they've managed to open a third location) or because people around here just eat really late lunches, but we managed to snag the last remaining table. So, take note, because I have a feeling there's a really long wait for a table during lunch and dinner rushes. (Although, they close at midnight every single day, so hello, late-night skewers!)
Miss Qu Claypot & BBQ
3828 Highway 7, Unit 2
Markham, ON L3R 0B5
(905) 415-9900

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment