This week's Monday Poll:
- The first thing I did after I woke up this morning was… What I do every morning after I wake up: turn off alarm, use toilet, brush teeth, wash face, apply morning skincare routine, make coffee, have breakfast (I had sesame toast this morning — I can't eat that much before 7:00am), have a smoke, put makeup on, get dressed. The only difference this morning was that I had a job interview. I'm gunning for two positions right now, so I have another interview tomorrow.
- Someone in your life who always laughs at your jokes? My friends Chelsea and Amanda.
- Do you have any "imperfections" (quote, unquote) that you love? There's a beauty mark just above my eyebrow that I used to hate, but now find quite handy when I'm drawing in my eyebrows because I know exactly where to form my arch...
- If you were to battle it out on the dance floor like in those cheesy dance movies like Step Up and Honey, how do you think you'd do? It depends... Have I rehearsed? I mean, I'm not a dancer nor have I ever aspired to be one (my parents did put me in ballet and jazz lessons when I was younger but I only did it for maybe two years, and I was like, 10), so I can't just get on the dance floor and pull crazy moves (nor would I want to because I would break something for sure). But if I rehearsed... Nah, who am I kidding?
- Why does makeup matter? It's fun, transformative, creative, and inspiring. I mean, it's like asking why does art matter? Except makeup can also enhance someone's features, which in turn makes them look better, which ultimately makes them feel better. It's the easiest way to boost confidence.
- Three things that make you happy? Music (been loving post-grunge lately), makeup, and bubble tea.