Dining Out: Tacos al Pastor and Tacos de Bistec at La Mexicanada

on
Saturday, October 12, 2024
My friend Chelsea has a lot of dietary restrictions (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free, etc.) so when thinking of where to go for dinner, she suggested going to her favourite taco place, La Mexicanada:

Tacos al Pastor

Tacos de Bistec

Let me preface this with saying that I have been to Mexico, but I was also 10 and therefore do not remember a goddamn thing I ate there so I cannot compare these tacos to actual tacos from Mexico. But I think this is as authentic as we can get around here (you know, in the Greater Toronto Area), and they were so good, I'd put them on par with my current favourite tacos from Los Tacos No. 1 in NYC. (You can always trust a Mexican restaurant that is run by actual Mexicans.) I think even the most snobby of taco critics could find something to love here. My only regret is not being hungry enough to eat more. On a good day, I could smash ten of these tacos on my own. Or at least share an appetizer or two. 


La Mexicanada
Upper Canada Mall
17600 Yonge St.
Newmarket, ON L3Y 4Z1
(905) 853-7466
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9