New York City 2023 Travel Log: Day 3 — A Little Midtown International Food Crawl

on
Monday, November 13, 2023
The best thing to do with a free afternoon in NYC when you just like eating? A little international food crawl across midtown:

Chicken tikka masala naan wrap from Mysttik Masaala at Bryant Park Winter Village

Adobada corn tortilla tacos from Los Tacos No. 1

Chicken and beef gyro platter from The Halal Guys

Kaya butter toast from Kopifellas at Urban Hawker

Everything was incredible, but especially those adobada tacos from Los Tacos No. 1, which are easily my new favourite tacos of all time. If the long line-up out the door on a super-cold November day is any indication, it's everyone else's favourite tacos, too. And speaking of international, I just gotta mention how crazy huge The Halal Guys have gotten. The first time I ever ate there was when I was visiting my brother in 2008. He was working at BlackRock at the time (which used to be located at Park Avenue Plaza), and he was like, "I'll take you to my favourite lunch spot." So we walked a few blocks to this little cart with a giant line-up and I was like, "Really?" And he just said, "Trust me." Indeed, the chicken and rice was one of the most tasty, satisfying, and cheap (it was $5 back then) meals I'd ever had. I went back a few more times on that trip. And since then, I have trusted my brother on all his food picks.


Mystiik Masaala
Winter Village at Bryant Park
W 41st St. and 6th Ave.
New York, NY 10018
(917) 438-5166

Los Tacos No. 1
Times Square
229 W 43rd St.
New York, NY 10036
(212) 574-4696

The Halal Guys
W 53rd St. and 6th Ave.
New York, NY 10019
(347) 527-1505

Kopifellas
Urban Hawker
135 W 50th St.
New York, NY 10020
(917) 769-5513
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9