Eating at Home: End of Year Family Dinner

on
Sunday, February 4, 2024
It's almost Chinese New Year, which means this week is all about the end-of-year family dinners. We're not super traditional since most of my relatives have lived in Canada for decades, but we do enjoy a good family gathering since we only have them a few times a year. So tonight, my Aunt Barbara hosted dinner at her house for 11 of us on my dad's side of the family:

Braised abalone with broccoli

Chinese roast duck

Sweet and sour shrimp

Shrimp-stuffed roast chicken

Braised pork hocks with lotus root

And for dessert, egg tarts and mandarin oranges (of course). No one in my family actually likes hosting dinner at home (cooking + people = a lot of effort and a lot of cleaning) so we usually go out to a restaurant for dinner, but it was really nice to hang out with my cousins at home and chat for hours. I actually can't remember the last time we did this (it might be over a decade ago), but I hope we can do it more often in the new year. You know, so long as someone else is willing to host. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9