Dining Out: Fried Brussels Sprouts, Truffle Street Corn Guac, Iberico Pork, Mango Pavlova, and Yuzu Chocolate Tart at NextDoor Restaurant

on
Friday, February 2, 2024
Took my mom out for her 70th birthday at NextDoor and had the most impeccable meal:

Fried Brussels sprouts with maple balsamic vinaigrette, lemon zest, parmesan aioli, and parmesan snow

Truffle street corn guacamole with truffle crema, queso fresco, and fried corn tortilla chips

Iberico pork with coconut lemongrass mussels, taro root mash, fried shallots, and chili sambal oil

Mango pavlova made with cashew meringue, fresh mango, mango purée, mango nousse, and Nutella chocolate ganache

Yuzu chocolate tart made with yuzu chocolate ganache dark chocolate crust, yuzu mousse, sake & toasted rice ice cream, miso caramel, and chocolate crumble

They change up the menu every few months, but they really serve some of the most inspired dishes I've ever had. (I had my birthday dinner here two years ago and had a similarly incredible experience.) My mom, who is notoriously critical of food, had absolutely zero complaints about this meal, which might be a first for her. In fact, I jokingly told her to lick the serving spoon in the Brussels sprouts dish because there were still a few leaves and aioli on it, and she did. That's how I knew she really, really loved the food. It's also very rare for my mom to comment on the interior of a restaurant, but she said she felt really comfortable here, saying that it's clean and classy but very relaxing. Our server (I'm so sorry I forgot your name, Mr. Malaysian Cardigan Dude) was also super nice and sociable and made us feel really welcome. Even my mom chatted with him. Anyway, we had a truly special experience tonight, and my mom already wants to come back for brunch. (I mean, me, too. They have a BRUNCH TOWER.) So glad her 70th birthday dinner was a hit!


NextDoor Restaurant
Unionville Planing Mill
139 Main St. Unionville
Markham, ON L3R 2G6
(905) 604-6983
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9