Dining Out: Christmas Dinner at La Piazzetta Ristorante

on
Monday, December 25, 2023
My mom and I decided to switch it up this year and went for Christmas dinner at La Piazzetta instead of Maxim. It did take 30 minutes for our main courses to come out (the kitchen was way too understaffed for such a busy day, but they apologized profusely) and they don't offer an all-you-can-eat cake buffet like Maxim (which I can't take full advantage of anyway because I'm diabetic), but overall, the food was excellent.

Prosciutto honeydew salad

AAA striploin steak with red wine sauce

Tiramisu cake

I decided to get the salad to start instead of soup, and while they offer the same house salad all year round, they decided to serve it with prosciutto and honeydew today, a perfect pairing of sweet and salty. I originally wanted the duck breast for my main course, but they were sold out of it by the time we got there for our 7:30 seating, so I got the AAA striploin instead. It occurred to me that I pretty much got the exact same thing as I did the last time I went there, but this steak was significantly better — juicy, tender, flavourful, and cooked perfectly medium rare (like an actual red middle, not pink). They only have one dessert offering, which is their tiramisu cake, but I'm not mad about it because, you know, it's a freaking good cake. (They serve it cold so it actually tastes like ice cream, which I love.)

Anyway, a successful Christmas dinner — they have less options than Maxim and they're not as creative with their dishes, but it's cheaper and it's way closer, so I can't complain. Would definitely come here again next year. I hope everyone had a great holiday!


La Piazzetta Ristorante
Monte Carlo Inn Toronto Markham
8900 Woodbine Ave.
Markham, ON L3R 5K6
(905) 513-8100
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9