Suchwita: Episode 20 — SUGA with Taemin

on
Monday, October 30, 2023

Yoongi: "What lesson are you receiving?"
Jimin: "English lessons."
Yoongi: "You'll speak better English after a drink."
Jimin: "Yeah, when I'm a bit sleepy, I speak better English."
Yoongi: "Yeah, if I drink, I become as good as Kim Namjoon."

Taemin: "But Jimin's balance is amazing. It's so good for dancing. The way Jimin uses his body, if others start their dance here, it's like Jimin starts from here. And his centre of gravity isn't on the top of his body but more below so his dance lines are really pretty but his masculine vibes are at the core."

Yoongi: "How did you make the solo artist Taemin and what work did you put in?"
Taemin: "Do I construct my own identity or do I follow popular appeal? When I had to make a decision between the two, I chose my own identity. 'I don't know about popular appeal,' 'I don't know what people like.' I'm just gonna do what I'm good at. If you don't like it, fine. And if you like it, great. That was my mindset and I'm still like that. But thankfully, people resonated with my music and there were fanatics of my music. But even now, I don't think I will care that much and continue to pursue my own colours."

I can really see why Taemin has become so many idols' role model, but I especially see his influence in Jimin. Not just in dance (there is a lot of debate over "best" dancer in K-pop, but Taemin and Jimin are always on those lists — and have you ever heard someone describe Jimin's dancing as accurately as Taemin?), but in the way he carries himself, the way he speaks, the choices he makes, and the way he's popularized gender-fluidity in the K-pop scene. A pioneer, indeed.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9