Friday Five: Lessons

on
Friday, October 27, 2023
This week's Friday Five:

  1. What were your high school teachers wrong about? Honestly, I don't remember the specifics of what teachers even taught me in high school, but nothing comes to mind here. 

  2. Which high school subject (or specific lesson) turned out to be more useful than you expected? I guess visual arts. I did end up being a makeup artist for 15 years.

  3. From which high school courses do you remember most and least? I remember Art/Photography the most because that was my favourite subject (and I also had a little crush on my art teacher), followed by English Literature and Society (psychology, anthropology, and sociology). I remember History and Math the least — the former because my History teachers made the subject tediously boring and the latter because I genuinely hated the subject. (I still hate math, but I actually love learning about history now.)

  4. How many of your high school classmates are you still in touch with? One, and I would use the term "in touch with" loosely because I maybe contact her once every year. (Also, she's my real estate lawyer.) To be honest, I didn't really like many people in high school and didn't care to keep in touch with any of them.

  5. Which specific songs bring you back to specific memories of high school? I would say specific albums more than songs: Deftones' White Pony, Thursday's Full Collapse, Alexisonfire's self-titled album, and My Chemical Romance's I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love. They don't bring me back to specific memories during high school, but more like I put them on repeat throughout high school.





Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9