Suchwita: Episode 14 — SUGA with J-Hope

on
Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Hobi: "Remember that day we had wine at your place?"
Yoongi: "Oh, yeah. We had wine and you threw up."
Hobi, laughing: "It was a mess! It was purple everywhere!"

Hobi: "To celebrate the first anniversary of Jack in the Box, [a physical album] is in the works."
Yoongi: "I told you the last time you were here, you have to release a physical album."
Hobi: "Right, you said that."
Yoongi: "I said that the fans would love it."
Hobi: "In the beginning, I started out with a mixtape concept, so I worked on that in January. And since the idea was to do a mixtape, I thought I'd release a Weverse album or an LP just to commemorate the occasion. But like you said, there was a bigger need for a physical album, a full album, than I expected."
Yoongi: "Right, and it's your first album. These days, the concept of albums... people don't buy CDs to play them. It's a type of merchandise."
Hobi: "Yeah, I think so, too."
Yoongi: "And fans want that. It's the same with LPs. How often do you think I listen to LPs? But I want them in my collection and that's why I told you to release one."
Hobi: "Yes, the fans wanted it so much, and you and Jimin would also be releasing solo albums, so the fact that I didn't have a physical album did bother me a little. And I also felt really sorry about that to the fans, so I thought I should make one. I took new photos for it and renewed everything."
Yoongi: "Ah, new photos?"
Hobi: "Yes. It's going to be a proper album. The kind that the fans wanted. That's going to be released for the first anniversary."

[Talking about the OST for J-Hope's upcoming dance documentary]
Yoongi: "Why is everyone working so hard?!"
Hobi: "It's just really light music this time, songs you can dance to."
Yoongi: "God, these guys are crazy about music. You guys are insane."
Hobi: "It's fun. For me, music is the most fun. What's so awesome about our members is that their passion is the best."
Yoongi: "Yeah, of course. We're dead without passion."
Hobi: "You have a lot of passion, and Jimin is practicing singing live six hours a day... The passion our members have is just amazing. I think that's why we all get along and came this far."

[Talking about J-Hope being the dance leader in BTS]
Hobi: "I think I totally understood them, though. They were guys who had never danced before. What else could they do? It makes no sense, honestly. So I was just grateful that everyone made the effort."
Yoongi: "We always felt bad about not being good dancers. So, we worked even harder without anyone knowing. During our Busan concert, Seokjin said he'd start practice a few days earlier. Namjoon, too. Seeing that made me feel thankful. A team can't be good just by one person being good on their own. You have to be in tune with each other. And for the past ten years, there were ups and downs, but I think we worked pretty well together. I think that was BTS' biggest motivation."

Yoongi: "I've released solo albums and did solo concerts, too, but I think we're the most awesome when we're all together."
Hobi: "Yeah, we can't beat that."
Yoongi: "I think we'll be together for a long, long time. I think our team will last a long time. And I think in 2025, we'll be able to go on tour as a whole group. I think we'll be able to feel [those emotions] again when that time comes. I hope that the team that we've dedicated ourselves to will come back together as soon as possible so that we can show everyone what we can do. I don't think that feeling will change."

[Talking about their first dorm pre-debut]
Yoongi: "The team wasn't disbanded, but remember when we were all told to go home? Because the company ran out of money?"
Hobi, nodding: "Yeah. We didn't know what to do."
Yoongi: "We were told to find our own places."
Hobi: "Yeah, we had to move out."
Yoongi: "But we didn't have any money, either."
Hobi: "Didn't we refuse to move out in the end?"
Yoongi: "Yeah, we stayed. Me, you, and Kim Namjoon. We said, 'We can't move out!'"
Hobi, laughing: "How did we...?"
Yoongi: "'We can't move out!' We said we didn't have any money to move out. So we stuck it out, and for the last time, they got an investment and we were able to debut with that."
Hobi, nodding: "Yeah."
Yoongi: "Sometimes I wonder what kind of vision the seven of us had to stick it out for that long."
Hobi: "You have to give it to PD Bang Si-hyuk. It's amazing how he got us together."
Yoongi: "No one knew this would happen."
Hobi: "Oh, no one knew."
Yoongi, with a disbelieving look: "HYBE?"
Hobi: "You don't have to say another word. Your face says it all. But yeah, no one expected it."
Yoongi: "But now that I think about it, after coming this far, it's like, 'Wow, we managed to hang in there and get through it all.'"
Hobi: "Yeah, we stuck it out. And that's why we're here."


THIS. This is why I'm ARMY and why I'll support them for as long as they want our support. I truly believe there is no one harder working than this team and that they deserve all the success they've gotten and will continue to get. 

On another note, and I mentioned this before, but I'm so glad Hobi's finally getting a physical album. I did think it was strange and a huge disappointment that we didn't get one when Jack in the Box originally came out, and even weirder when Jin, RM, Jimin, and Suga all ended up releasing physical records. I'm so happy that Hobi got the opportunity to present another facet of himself for the physical version of Jack in the Box. I'm also really excited for Hobi's upcoming dance documentary, which he had hinted at in his Hope in the Box documentary. Truly, I've never seen this kind of impeccable project planning.

Honestly, the best episodes of Suchwita are the ones with the BTS members. Can't wait for Jungkook's episode next week!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9