Dining Out: Sashimi and Sushi Combo Set, Kika House Special Roll, and Fish Katsu Bento Box at KiKa Sushi

on
Friday, May 12, 2023
Okay, we knew the sushi craving was going to happen sooner or later after I came back from Japan and I think I held out pretty well. (It's been almost a month! That's gotta be a record.) Originally, my mom and I were just going to go to Gal's Sushi since they're nearby, but they've lowered their quality while increasing their prices to the point where it's not worth eating there anymore. (Dinner for two at Gal's is about $80 after tax and tip now and I just find that to be highway robbery for a couple of average quality bento boxes.) But while we were in the parking lot, my mom noticed a tiny sushi restaurant that's in the same plaza called KiKa Sushi, so we decided to check it out.

Sashimi and sushi combo set

Kika House Special Roll

Fish katsu bento box with salmon sashimi

The food is excellent, the ingredients are fresh, and the portions are fair. The fish katsu is especially notable — buttery and tender on the inside, perfectly golden and crispy on the outside, with super addictive spicy mayo on top. We did have to wait a little longer for it because the chef (who mans the whole shop by himself) makes it to order, but it's entirely worth it. Totally reasonable prices, too — it was about $60 after tax and tip. (I do really, really miss the no-tipping culture in Asia, though.) And the chef/owner (?) was super nice and lovely even though he was preparing the onslaught of take-out orders by himself. Will definitely be visiting here again for my local sushi needs. I'm only mad at myself for not finding this place sooner.


KiKa Sushi
3623 Highway 7 East, Unit #102
Markham, ON L3R 8X6
(647) 967-0000
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9