Dining Out: Dad's 70th Birthday Celebration at Casa Victoria

on
Saturday, April 9, 2022
As mentioned, my brother and sis-in-law flew up from NYC for my dad's 70th birthday celebration this weekend. (His birthday is actually next Saturday but we moved it up a week as I'll be in Las Vegas.) My brother was hellbent on planning a big party for my dad because 70 is a milestone age, so he decided to host a huge Chinese banquet dinner for him and 30 guests (one table of relatives, two tables of friends) at Casa Victoria, where we indulged in an incredible 12-course menu:

Suckling pig and BBQ combination

Crispy seafood dumplings with sweet and sour dressing

Stir-fried scallops and sliced chicken with mixed vegetables in crispy nest

Simmered soup with ham, conch, sea cucumber, fish maw, black mushrooms, conpoy, and pork

Braised whole abalone with snow pea leaves

Soy sauce chicken with quail eggs

Braised sea cucumber and prawns with broccoli

Steamed special sliced twin green bass with soy sauce, ginger, and green onion

Fresh shrimp dumplings and e-fu noodles in soup

Fried rice with shrimp, conpoy, and BBQ duck in lotus leaf parcel

Longevity peach buns

As my brother was organizing the majority of the party, he put me in charge of hiring the photographer (found an amazing one who coincidentally speaks English, Cantonese, and Mandarin) and ordering the cakes. Of course, I immediately thought of Daan Go Cake Lab. There's no other place to order cake for an Asian birthday. Knowing that this dinner would include a majority of elderly Chinese people, I went with their 24K Mango Cheesecake and the Mont Blanc. And since my dad is a mahjong fanatic, I decided to go with the Mahjong Table style for the mango cheesecake. (In fact, 1/3 of the guests tonight are his mahjong buddies.) Needless to say, my dad was absolutely delighted. (He demanded everyone take photos with him and the cake. And several of his friends asked me where I got it.) 
 
Mont Blanc Signature Cake from Daan Go Cake Lab

24K Mango Cheesecake Mahjong Table Celebration Cake from Daan Go Cake Lab

Speeches were made, hundreds of photos were taken, wine was flowing, chatter and laughter were in abundance. I didn't realize my dad has so many friends. Every single one who was invited had RSVP'd, and I'd never seen my dad so happy and proud. So, yeah, I'd say my dad's 70th birthday dinner was a rousing success.


Casa Victoria
8601 Warden Ave., Unit 4-6
Markham, ON L3R 0B5
(905) 948-1618

Daan Go Cake Lab
Times Square Richmond Hill
550 Highway 7, Building C, Unit 70
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3Z4
(905) 707-9098
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9