Photolog 2021: Day 258 of 365

on
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
French toast with berries and maple syrup

Y'all. I made the most excellent French toast today. And the trick was putting it in the air fryer to finish it. I find that French toast never gets crispy enough just by frying it in a pan, and if you leave it for too long, it gets too dark. So I fried the toast in a pan for about five minutes and then put it in the air fryer for five minutes. The air fryer gave it the perfect crispy edge that I'm looking for while maintaining the soft eggy goodness inside and lovely golden colour on the outside, and OH MY GOD, IT WAS SO GOOD. Why is the debate always pancakes vs. waffles when there is French toast in the world? 

(Also, I am continually validating that my air fryer was a great purchase.)
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9