BTS on BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge: "Dynamite," "Permission to Dance," and "I'll Be Missing You" (Puff Daddy, Faith Evans, and 112 Cover)

on
Tuesday, July 27, 2021



WOW. THE VOCALS. THE AD LIBS. THE HARMONIES. THE LIVE BAND. And that cover?!?! I was absolutely not expecting that. "I'll Be Missing You" is one of my favourite songs from the '90s, and I remember watching the music video for it over and over and over again because it was played on MuchMusic literally every hour. I remember watching the news when Notorious B.I.G. died and how devastating that was to the music industry. This song will forever be in memory of Biggie, and BTS did such a beautiful, respectful cover of it. The vocal line absolutely nailed Faith Evans' parts (my god, the falsetto harmonies are stunning), and I love that the rap line added their lyrics in Korean to pay homage to the meaning of the song in a language that they can express themselves the best. While I am obviously BTS-biased, they are actually one of the few groups who can cover this song with such a range in rappers and vocalists. They did a truly amazing job. 

Thank you for this, BTS.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9