Photolog 2020: Day 99 of 366

on
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
So, I did some shoe shopping. Originally, I just wanted to buy a pair of ankle boots to replace my old ones. Those boots became my favourite and most worn shoes, ever. I can stand in them for eight hours a day and walk comfortably in them for at least five kilometres. They have the perfect amount of height to elongate the legs, and the right amount of arch to keep my posture straight. They're casual enough to wear with jeans and hoodies, but still appropriate to wear to work. Thus, I wear them almost everyday. Except there's rips on the "vegan leather" now, I've had to use super glue to fix the soles, and they're so scuffed up that they don't even look black anymore. Still, I couldn't bring myself to throw them out until I could find something as similar as possible. So I went on to Call It Spring to see what ankle boot styles they had available this season.

Call It Spring "Piperr" Ankle Boots

As it happens, I found these particular boots that are almost identical to my other ones, except in a canvas material and without a zipper. Not dealbreakers, since I mostly care about the style and the fit. But they were also $70, so I decided to wait until there was a sale, 'cause Call It Spring always has some sort of sale going on (I swear, they're like the Bath & Body Works of the shoe world). Lo and behold, they started their sale a week later and the boots went down to $32. I immediately added them to my cart.

Call It Spring "Tukums" Lace Pumps

Call It Spring "Emelya" Ankle-Strap Heels

Then I figured I should take advantage of the sale. 'Cause that's what any smart person would do. So I decided to look for some heels to wear to my friend's wedding (and thus any subsequent wedding I am invited to). My criteria for heels is that they're black, not too narrow, and with a heel that's 3 - 3.5 inches. Basically, high enough to look dressy, but also comfortable enough that my feet won't break or bleed after standing for five minutes. I couldn't decide between these two styles, so I just got them both. I mean, they're cheap, they're black, and I don't care about trends, so I figure I can wear these to whatever function that requires a dressier shoe. (Which is good, since my friend had to postpone her wedding until next year.)

Call It Spring "Northelle" Slip-On Sneakers

And then I also decided to get some slip-on sneakers. Just 'cause I like slip-ons. And they're cheaper than Vans. So, yeah, that's how I ended up getting four pairs of shoes for $125 (after tax!).
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9