Photolog 2019: Day 353 of 365

on
Thursday, December 19, 2019
Steak Diane

Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Cheesecake

My friends Maegan and Tuta took me out for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory to celebrate my resignation. The reason I chose The Cheesecake Factory is because we had some shopping to do at Yorkdale and I was craving comfort food. (The only Cheesecake Factory in Canada is at Yorkdale Mall.) It's definitely overrated, but I've also never been disappointed in the food any time I've been there. (I guess with that many pages in a single menu, there's bound to be something for everyone.) I've always had a habit of getting chicken-based dishes when I've gone there, so I decided to try something different tonight and ordered the Steak Diane — medallions of steak covered with black peppercorns and a mushroom wine sauce, served with mashed potatoes and grilled onions. Never thought I'd recommend a steak dish from The Cheesecake Factory of all places, but it's surprisingly good. Like, really good. I'd go as far to say excellent. The steak was perfectly cooked, tender, and juicy, and the mushroom wine sauce was rich and flavourful. In fact, I'd recommend it over any of their chicken or pasta dishes (of which they have a lot more).

Of course, to finish off our meal, a cheesecake. You can't go to The Cheesecake Factory and not eat cheesecake. That's like, the #1 rule. We unanimously decided on the Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch Cheesecake. It's basically a Ferrero Rocher in cheesecake form, which makes it the reliable crowd-pleaser. You can't go wrong with it. Although between the three of us, we could barely finish it 'cause we were so full. (You can always count on extremely generous portion sizes at The Cheesecake Factory. In fact, Maegan had enough pasta leftover for a full lunch tomorrow.) But it was a glorious meal, indeed. I won't say it's worth the 1.5 hour wait, but it does come in handy if you have some shopping to do in the mall. Maegan literally finished her Christmas shopping by the time our buzzer went off.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9