Friday Five: For Ric and Ben

on
Friday, September 27, 2019
This week's Friday Five:
  1. Where did you go the first time you drove by yourself? Home. My dad drove me to pick up my first car — a used 2003 Hyundai Tiburon — from his friend's dealership, and I drove it back to our house.

  2. Who was the first non-family non-instructor you drove anywhere, and where did you go? I don't remember. This was 15 years ago. Probably my best friend at the time, Tobi. And we probably went to get bubble tea. (We spent an exorbitant amount of time at bubble tea shops 'cause they used to have smoking rooms.)

  3. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done behind the wheel? Get on the road during a snow storm with no winter tires. It was 2007. Slipped on black ice on the highway ramp. Car spun out into traffic. Got hit by a pick-up truck. 911 was called. Fire truck showed up first, then police, then ambulance. First time I ever caused a traffic jam.

  4. What’s the nicest drive you’ve ever taken? I drove down to Boston with my ex-boyfriend in 2010. I remember it being a pretty fun road trip and passing by a lot of nice scenery.

  5. Who’s the worst driver you know? My dad. He's gotten careless with age.

2 comments on "Friday Five: For Ric and Ben"
  1. What's it like for you to drive into the US? Can you just do it whenever? I'm being serious -- I don't know the first thing about how difficult (or not) it is for Canadians to come across the border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you can drive into the US whenever. But you do get stopped at the border by Border Control and they ask you the usual questions: Where are you going? How long is your visit? What is the reason for your visit? Some officers might ask more specific questions. If you're traveling with someone, they will ask how you know each other, or what your relationship is with each other. But as long as they feel like you're honest and not a criminal, and you have an official Canadian passport, then they'll just let you in without further inspection.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9