Friday Five: Beware

on
Friday, March 15, 2019
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What's something people cautioned you against that turned out not to be dangerous or bad at all? The Y2K. I remember my mom was scrambling to get extra cases of bottled water and canned food and extra everything in case there was a worldwide blackout as we hit the Year 2000. Of course, everyone panicked for nothing as everything remained the same.

  2. What's something you wish someone had cautioned you about? How much money it would cost to stan a K-pop group. Especially when that K-pop group is BTS and they're the biggest musical group in the world and are constantly releasing new things that are imports and going on massive stadium tours? I don't regret it, obviously, and I will still spent exorbitant amounts on my beloved boys, but just saying, they take up a good chunk of my income. (I legit just gave up makeup for BTS, and it was totally worth it.)

  3. What’s your favorite non-English word of warning? 하지마! or Hajima! which means "Don't do it!" or "Don't!" in Korean. (I watch a lot of K-dramas.)

  4. What's a really stupid thing you've done that could have resulted in your demise? Not going to the doctor's to get a body check-up in eight years. My blood pressure was through the roof. As in, my systolic number was 220. That's stroke victim level. My doctor was so alarmed, I had to go on meds right then and there. It's why I have to get so many tests done and why I have to see my doctor at least once a week now and why I have to go to the cardiologist and why I'm on two medications and two supplements and why I'm on a leave of absence from work (because additional stress could fucking kill me). So the lesson here is, BE YE NOT SO STUPID AND GO TO THE FUCKING DOCTOR'S FOR REGULAR CHECK-UPS.

  5. What should you probably stay away from this weekend? Foods with high cholesterol, sugar, and sodium. This is my life now.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Beware"
  1. Your BP experience sounds just like mine, only I think I went longer. And I only went to the doctor after recovering from a cold because I needed a note to go back to work. She said, "While you're here..." and my systolic was 210. Meds right away, and bloodwork to see what the cause might be. I ended up going in for a sleep study and was diagnosed with sleep apnea (which is tied to high BP) because my blood numbers were all normal. It's still regularly in the 150s and we're still adjusting meds and stuff. Fun! I'll think of you as I have my black beans and kale I'm eating all week! I put a little bit of sausage in there because, well I guess I don't really need to explain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, same, except I went to the doctor's about my period. They think my BP might be related to my hormone levels now so I have to see an endocrinologist as well as a cardiologist. I'm on two different meds now and my systolic has lowered to an average of about 135 - 140, but my diastolic and heart rate are still really high so I'm still getting tests done. Just had a heart monitor on for three days so I have to go back to the cardiologist next week to see results and get a stress echo done. Such a mess. I think what was really alarming my doctor was that I have these kind of blood pressure numbers at 32. Really, really abnormal.

      LE SIGH. We are now salad twins, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9