Saturday Nine: Black Magic Woman (1970)

on
Saturday, November 24, 2018
This week's Saturday Nine:

You can hear this week's song here.
  1. Black is this week's signature colour because Friday, November 23, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains? Yeah, I got a bottle of Cover FX High Performance Setting Spray for $19.50 from $39 and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dream Glow Kit for $35.40 from $59 at Sephora; I got 25% off my Function of Beauty eucalyptus mint shampoo and conditioner (which, on top of looking cute in my shower and smelling great, has actually made a noticeable difference in the texture and look of my hair, so I've decided to make an official subscription that will deliver my shampoo and conditioner every six months); and I got a new TNA Larsen Parka from Aritzia, not because it was a particularly good deal (it was only 10% off), but because I cannot for the life of me find my old parka and I needed to replace it (Canadian winters are no joke so down jackets are kind of essential, but I also don't want to spend upwards of $600 on Canada Goose or Mackage or Moose Knuckles).

  2. On busy shopping days, carts often litter parking lots. After loading your items into your car, are you careful to return your shopping cart to the store or the designated cart receptacle? Yes. It is a pet peeve of mine when people leave their carts in the lot, especially if it's just in the middle where there are parked cars. It's so inconsiderate.

  3. Who on your gift list is hardest to buy for? Probably my mom... who I always end up taking out for dinner in lieu of getting a gift. This is for all occasions that celebrate my mother, including her birthday, Mother's Day, and Christmas.

  4. Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include enjoying leftovers or watching a game? No. It's not Thanksgiving here, anyway. And even if it was, there wouldn't be leftovers because I don't do Thanksgiving at home. You would also never catch me watching a game.

  5. Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is an annual event. It began in 1924 as a local event in New York. Today it's nationally televised. Did you watch it? No. Again, not American, so it's not Thanksgiving and we don't have a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Also, even if we did, I'm not one to watch a parade on TV. If I had any interest in a parade, I'd just attend it.

  6. What did you give thanks for on Thanksgiving 2018? My job, my team, my friends, my mom, BTS, and being able to see BTS in concert twice this year.

  7. At the first Thanksgiving, there were no forks. Pilgrims ate with spoons and knives, and forks didn't become popular until the 18th century. Think about your Thanksgiving place setting. Did you have both a salad and a dinner fork? I celebrated Thanksgiving at Swiss Chalet this year, so... no.

  8. Pies are a popular Thanksgiving dessert. What kind of pie did you enjoy? Or did you have ice cream? Or did you skip dessert? On Thanksgiving in October, I had apple pie because Swiss Chalet ran out of both pumpkin and pecan pie (which is basically a fucking crime on Thanksgiving, and they should've known that and ordered more). I mean, don't get me wrong, I love apple pie, but Thanksgiving is the day to have pumpkin pie, you know?

  9. This week's featured band, Santana, was named for its founder, Carlos Santana. He was born in Mexico. When at a Mexican restaurant, what do you usually order? Tacos. I know they're basic, but there's just so many varieties that they always satisfy my Mexican food cravings. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9