Saturday Nine: Sweet Disaster (2016)

on
Saturday, March 24, 2018
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. This video begins outside a convenience store with a sign advertising beer, produce, lotto and an ATM. Will you buy beer, produce, or a lotto ticket this weekend? Will you visit an ATM? Unlikely. I don't drink so I never buy beer, I don't have time to go to a supermarket (though I did buy a ton of Asian snacks at Foody Mart yesterday), I rarely buy lottery tickets, and I don't need cash right now.

  2. As the video progresses, fountain drinks and donuts are consumed. When you stop for a snack during a road trip, what do you usually grab? We usually stop by a supermarket or a Wal-Mart to stock up on snacks before hitting the road. We usually get bags of chips, maybe some gummy candy, and some bottles of pop or juice and water. If we're stopping somewhere during a road trip, it's gonna be at one of those roadside stops with multiple fast food restaurants because we're hungry and the snacks aren't cutting it. I usually opt for a burger and fries at those stops, either from Wendy's or A&W or whatever other burger chain is available. And if the road trip is in Canada, I'll get a coffee at Tim Horton's before hitting the road again.

  3. The lyrics reference "a river of champagne." When did you last enjoy a spot of the bubbly? I had a couple sips of champagne at my brother's wedding last September.

  4. The end of the video features sci-fi/horror images. Is that a genre you enjoy? If not, what kind of books do you read most often? I've read some sci-fi books that were alright, but it's not my favourite genre. (I don't even touch horror.) I actually love coming-of-age stories. It's why The Perks of Being a Wallflower remains one of my favourite books of all time. YA novels are a serious guilty pleasure of mine, so it's definitely what I read the most often, followed by YA fantasy (Harry Potter was definitely the gateway to this genre for me, over 20 years ago!).

  5. The trio that makes up The Dreamers are dyed-in-the-wool New Yorkers. If you could live in any city or village in the world, would you move or stay right where you are? If the right opportunity came up, career-wise, I would move to NYC. It's the only other city than Toronto that I could imagine myself living in.

  6. The Dreamers describe themselves as "impractical."  What about you? Do you consider yourself practical or impractical? Depends on the matter. I'd say I'm practical at work and impractical in my personal life. (Like, really, what 31-year-old spends thousands of dollars on BTS merch? Yeah, me, that's who. It's really quite ridiculous.)

  7. They also won't "listen to those who doubt" them. Sometimes we find the ones who doubt us most are ourselves. What about you? Are you confident, or do you suffer from self doubt? Again, depends on the matter. I'm confident at work, with my skills, my knowledge, and how I assert myself. But I do have doubts on where I can go with my career and in my personal life, like with relationships. I've been single for so long, I'm not even sure I know how to date anymore. And the thing is, I don't even mind it because I genuinely like being by myself (and it gives me more time to make money). But I also don't want to be single forever, so there's that.

  8. Do you often remember your dreams? Not that often, but the ones that are really vivid, I remember forever.

  9. Random question: Would you rather get $100 today, or $250 on this date a year from now? $100 now. That amount isn't significant enough that it's worth waiting a year for. Now, if you were to ask me if I wanted $1 million right now or a penny doubled every day for a year (so on day 1, I'd get 1¢, then day 2, 2¢, then 4¢, 8¢, 16¢, and so forth), I'd pick a penny doubled every day because I'd have $10 million within a month.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9