Saturday Nine: Easter Parade (1948)

on
Saturday, March 31, 2018
This week's Saturday Nine:

You can hear this week's song here.
  1. This song is about a special Easter hat to be worn with your "Sunday best." Will you be getting dressed up this weekend? Nah. I don't celebrate Easter. I'm cleaning out the rest of my room tomorrow, so I'm not even leaving the house on Easter Sunday.

  2. Judy Garland's partner in this movie was supposed to be Gene Kelly, but he was unavailable because he broke his ankle playing volleyball. Have you ever lost a big opportunity because of a medical issue? Knock on wood, but no.

  3. Garland later confessed that, at first, she would have preferred Kelly because she knew him well and was intimidated by Fred Astaire. By the end of filming, she found she enjoyed Astaire a great deal. Can you think of a friend with whom you had a rocky relationship at the beginning? No. I'm a fairly good judge of character, so I know within the first few interactions with you whether or not we'll be friends (or whether I'll even like you).

  4. This song was inspired by New York City's Easter Parade. Does your community host a similar event? Apparently, we do. But I've never attended one, nor do I ever care to.

  5. The biggest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy, measured 34 feet tall and weighed a staggering 15,000 lbs. Do you think it's possible to have too much chocolate? Yes. I'm not a big chocolate eater, so I don't ever feel the need to eat a lot of it. I'll eat one here and there if I want something sweet and there's nothing else, but I don't crave it. I'll eat more chocolate-flavoured foods (like pain au chocolat or a chocolate chip cookie) than straight-up chocolate.

  6. Jelly beans are also popular this time of year. A 2013 poll tells us that red is by far the favourite jelly bean colour, with yellow a distant second. Do you have a preference? No, 'cause I don't like jelly beans, period.

  7. We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween? Definitely Halloween, but I think it's also because Easter is more about pure chocolate and Halloween is more about chocolate bars, which I prefer. Like, if you offered me either Mini Eggs or a Coffee Crisp, I'm gonna go with the Coffee Crisp.

  8. Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated? Naps!

  9. This year, April Fool's Day happens to coincide with Easter Sunday. Do you expect to fall victim to any pranks this weekend? Nah. Again, I'm not leaving my house tomorrow, so the likelihood of being pranked is low.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9