Saturday Nine: Danny Boy (1956)

on
Saturday, March 17, 2018
This week's Saturday Nine:

You can hear this week's song here.

  1. This is a sad song of farewell. Who is the last person you said "goodbye" or "so long" to? My manager and good friend, Shannon. Her last day at work was yesterday, and though I know she quit for a good reason, I've worked with her for almost three years and will really miss seeing her everyday.

  2. According to the 2000 Census, Massachusetts is the state with the largest percentage of residents of Irish descent. Have you ever been to The Bay State? Yes, I took a road trip to Boston and Cambridge eight years ago.

  3. "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honour of the day? No, I honestly forgot today was St. Patrick's Day. I don't drink so I've never really cared about the holiday.

  4. What colour makes you look best? Clothing-wise, black. Makeup-wise, I'd say warm tones, like peach, terracotta, rusty oranges, reddish browns, etc.

  5. Will you drink something green in honour of the day (like a Shamrock shake or a green beer)? Nah. Refer to #3. But also because I don't like to ingest that much food colouring.

  6. A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm? I do keep a blessed ancient Chinese coin that my dad gave me in my wallet for good fortune/prosperity, but I keep it more out of superstition than true luck.

  7. Though she's singing an Irish ballad, this week's featured artist, Joni James, is of Italian heritage. Can you think of a song as identified with Italy as "Danny Boy" is with Ireland? Not really. Maybe "Nessun Dorma" by Pavarotti?

  8. Soda bread and potato bread are popular in Ireland. Are there any rolls or bread in your kitchen right now? Yeah, of course. I have sesame rye bread, everything bagels, and sourdough buns my kitchen right now. I actually think the one thing I eat more than noodles is bread.

  9. Ireland is known for its whiskey. Do you enjoy Irish coffee (black coffee, whiskey and whipped cream)? No, I don't drink. But I enjoy regular coffee.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9