Makeup and Beauty Blog: Monday Poll, Vol. 498

on
Monday, October 23, 2017
This week's Monday Poll:
  1. A beauty brand you're loyal to? I would have to say MAC. It's the first brand of makeup I ever used, and I've been using some variation of their products for over 15 years and been a collector for over nine (I think MAC x Fafi started it for me). To this day, most of my staple products (e.g. foundation powder, blotting powder, eyebrow pencil, mascara, etc.) are from MAC.

  2. Describe your hair today using only emojis. 👀💩😬 

  3. Have you bought any Halloween candy yet? Nah, I don't give out candy so I buy it on sale on November 1.

  4. Something that made you happy today? I'm having a shitty day because I woke up with a sore throat and I could barely speak, so I called in sick to work and made a doctor's appointment. Except I have the old-school Ontario health card which is being phased out and most doctors don't accept them anymore so I had to go to my local ServiceOntario centre to register for a new health card. Of course, the new health cards require a photo and I look like complete shit today. (But I figure the only time I'll need to show my health card is at the doctor's or the hospital, and I wouldn't care what I look like in those scenarios, anyway.) On top of that, I was kindly reminded that my driver's licence is expiring soon (on my birthday), so I had to get that renewed and left $90 poorer. An hour later, I went to my doctor, and she said I probably have laryngitis so there's not much I can do except for drink lots of water and use my vocal chords as little as possible. I had to pay $20 for a doctor's note for work, and then got a new prescription ointment for my hand eczema so had to go to the pharmacy to get that. So nothing specifically made me happy today, but I did have a very productive day, which makes me very satisfied.

  5. If I were to give you one piece of advice about beauty, it would be… Take care of your skin first because your makeup will only ever look as good as your skin.

  6. BONUS: Would you rather 1) have someone tattoo your brows in a pitch black room, or 2) have to do all of your grocery shopping wearing nothing but scandalous lingerie for the next 12 months? I'd have to go with #2, except I don't really do all that much grocery shopping to begin with and you can order all your groceries online now, so there are many ways to actually avoid this situation. (Unless there's a stipulation that would require me to physically go into a grocery store at least once a week or something. And then I'd go to a grocery store that is at least two neighbourhoods from where I live and work.) But having someone tattoo my brows, let alone in a pitch black room? No, no, no. And it'd be a huge pain in the ass to cover up everyday. Hard pass.

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9