Saturday Nine: Da Doo Ron Ron (1977)

on
Saturday, September 23, 2017
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. This song begins by stating that he met her on a Monday and his heart stood still. How did your past week start? It may be a lot to expect you to report that you met someone who made your heart stand still, but did anything noteworthy occur? I was off on Monday and I stayed home. Nothing particularly noteworthy, but I did some online shopping.

  2. While making hit records, Shaun Cassidy also starred as Joe Hardy on the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew books have been popular with generations of American kids. Were you a fan? No, I never got into them. I was into Goosebumps, Roald Dahl, and Louis Sachar books.

  3. Shaun went to Beverly Hills High School. Over the decades, BHHS has had many good football teams. Do you remember what sports your school excelled at? I think it was field hockey, ice hockey, and rugby...? Honestly, I wasn't into sports at all in school and didn't really pay attention to anything athletic, but I'm pretty sure our school got some awards or accolades for these sports...

  4. Shaun followed his older half-brother, David Cassidy, into TV/records/teen stardom. Do you have siblings? If yes, what career paths did they follow? Yeah, I have an older brother. He was in investment management at BlackRock for several years, you know, did the whole Wall Street thing, and now he's the Chief Technology Officer of Vimbly.

  5. His middle name is Paul, after his maternal grandfather. Tell us something about one of your grandparents. My maternal grandfather was a Chinese watercolour and ink wash painter and calligrapher. My family suspects I get my artistry trait from him but I don't think that's something you can inherit.

  6. Shaun's mother, actress Shirley Jones, reports that he was more than 3 weeks late and born by Cesarean. Have you heard family legends about your arrival into the world? Nah. I was conceived on Valentine's Day 1986 and born on the morning of November 15 by natural birth. So I was right on schedule.

  7. "Da Doo Ron Ron" was originally recorded by The Crystals. Can you think of another song that has been a hit by more than one artist? Yes, and it's possibly the saddest, most heartbreaking cover of all time:


  8. In 1977, when this version of "Da Doo Ron Ron" was popular, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak incorporated Apple. Are you Mac or Android? Apple, always and forever. I've been using Apple products — computers at school, laptops at home, iPods, iPhones, iPads, etc. — for well over 15 years, and don't see the need to switch.

  9. Random Question: You're exhausted. You collapse into bed and are about to drift into slumber when you hear the drip-drip-drip of the bathroom faucet. Would you kick off the covers and go turn it off? Or would you stay in bed, letting it drip until morning? I would turn it off. It would drive me nuts to hear it drip continuously. I wouldn't even be able to get to sleep, 'cause I'd just be thinking about the dripping.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9