Saturday Nine: Don't Stop (1977)

on
Saturday, July 22, 2017
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. Since we're not supposed to stop thinking about tomorrow, let's talk about it: What are your plans for Sunday? I'm going to sleep in, do payroll for work, and then go to my friend Mike's birthday barbecue.

  2. Fleetwood Mac was formed 50 years ago in London. Fifty years is considered a "golden anniversary." Do you wear more silver or gold? I don't wear any jewelry because I'm allergic to most metals, but I find that I veer more towards silver detailing (e.g. zippers, buttons, etc.) on clothes and gold on bags.

  3. This song is from Rumours, which has sold 40 million copies. Is it in your collection? Yes. I grew up listening to it on vinyl because of my dad and then I stole his CD when I got older, and now I stream it through Apple Music.

  4. It was written by keyboardist and vocalist Christine McVie. She was born Christine Perfect, a name that earned her a fair share of teasing when she was a school girl. Do you recall being teased in school? What about? Being the new girl in Grade 4 at the snobby all-girls' private school my parents forced me to enrol in, and then having braces and glasses and being chubby from Grade 5 to 6. Basically, elementary school was brutal.

  5. Before Fleetwood Mac, she was in a band called Chicken Shack. If you were to order out for a chicken dinner, which restaurant would you turn to? Swiss Chalet, 'cause there's one nearby and it's not too expensive. My go-to meal there is a double-leg rotisserie chicken dinner (because I always prefer dark meat) with mashed potatoes and gravy.

  6. Before she could pay all her bills with her music, she supported herself as a window dresser for a London department store. Do you enjoy walking along, just window shopping? Or do you consider "looking with no intention to buy" a waste of time? Total waste of time. If I enter a store, I always have an intention to buy. Whether the store has what I'm looking for is another story. The only time I'll actually browse without buying right away is on Sephora's website, when I'm adding things to my "Loves" list. And even then, it's only because I'm waiting for the right opportunity to buy them (e.g. when eBates is offering a high cash back rate or when Sephora is having a promo).

  7. When she found herself making big money, one of the first things Christine bought was a pair of matching Mercedes for herself and then-husband, John McVie. If you were handed a check for $1 million, what's the first thing you would do with the money? Buy a condo outright so I have a home and an investment all in one.

  8. The other girl in Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, founded the Soldier's Angel Foundation. She believes in the healing power of music, and so she's proud to provide wounded soldiers with iPods already loaded with music. When you listen to music from your phone, MP3 player or iPod, do you use ear buds or headphones? I actually rarely use either unless I'm traveling, but I'll always pick headphones (which has superior sound quality because there's less distortion, more frequency range, and more noise cancellation). But when I'm at home, I'm just blasting music straight from my iPhone or laptop speakers, and when I'm in my car, I just use my auxiliary cable to play music from my iPhone to my car speakers.

  9. Random question: Let's pretend your high school reunion is coming up. Which classmate are you more curious about: the one who was your first date, or the one who was too cool to give you the time of day? I went to an all-girls' school and I'm not lesbian, so I didn't go on dates with anyone from my high school. By default, it'd have to be the one who was too cool to give me the time of day. But then, I didn't think anyone was too cool in my high school. I was very much an anomaly back then, and had friends from various circles (kinda like I do now, actually). One girl who I did think was very cool in high school is a couple years older than me, and she carpooled with me for a few years (along with a couple other girls who lived in our vicinity) so we became friends. She influenced my music taste a lot back then and made me loads of mixtapes (yes, tapes) to check out new bands. Some of them are still my favourites to this day (like Deftones, Thursday, and Alexisonfire). I remember when I was in Grade 10, she went to a Deftones show that I really wanted to go to but my parents wouldn't allow me, so she bought a shirt for me. She was cool and she was nice. I lost contact with her after she graduated (she moved to Montreal for university), but I've always been curious to know how she is and what she does now. You'd think that it'd be easy to find her with all the social media we have now, but sadly, her name is so common that I'd have to filter through thousands and thousands of girls to find the right one.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9