Makeup and Beauty Blog: Monday Poll, Vol. 486

on
Monday, July 31, 2017
This week's Monday Poll:
  1. How many times did it take to pass your driving test? In Ontario, we have three drivers licence levels. Essentially: G1 is the written test, G2 is the road test, and G is the road and highway test. I passed all three tests on the first try.

  2. Have you ever lived with strangers? Yes. When I was 16, I was taking a Graphic Design course at Parsons School of Design in NYC during the summer before senior year (yes, I was an art nerd), and was living in a dorm with three other girls attending the same school. I remember one girl was from New Jersey, one girl was from North Carolina, and one girl was from Japan. That was definitely a new and trying experience for me, but it really helped my social and communication skills.

  3. What blush/bronzer are you wearing today? I am using MAC's Extra Dimension Blush in Hushed Tone.


    MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Hushed Tone (at right)

  4. What are some things that instantly boost your mood?

    - Coffee (right now, it's Starbucks Pike Place Roast)
    - Cigarettes
    - Strawberry lychee bubble tea from Ten Ren's
    - Lemon cheese danishes from Michel's Bakery Cafe
    - Listening to Violent Soho's Hungry Ghost album
    - New makeup!
    - Online shopping

  5. Did you hang with a certain clique in high school? I actually didn't, but I also didn't go to a "normal" high school. I went to an all-girls private school so the types of cliques were different, as were competition and judgement (we had a strict uniform code, so physical self-expression was limited). I hung out with different friends from different groups. I was that artsy one who listened to an excessive amount of hard rock music and spent all her free time doing photography, web design, and going to concerts. One friend was a laid-back stoner tomboy, one friend was a high-achieving perfectionist, one friend was a quirky head-in-the-clouds romantic, and one friend was a Jack-of-all-trades and master of all (seriously, she was good at everything — top grades, high-ranking athlete, and child piano prodigy who had her ARCT diploma by the age of 13 — but was also popular and invited to all the big parties while being one of the nicest, most humble people). Each one of those friends helped me gain a wider perspective on life in high school. But I only really keep in touch with that Jack-of-all-trades friend (and I'm saying that loosely because we only really text each other a few times a year) who also happens to be my oldest one (I have now known her for nearly 19 years). She's a lawyer now with her own firm that is also a fitness nut and somehow finds time to do crazy shit like CrossFit and Tough Mudder. And I'm now a makeup artist who still keeps a blog and listens to an excessive amount of hard rock. So I guess not a lot has changed.
1 comment on "Makeup and Beauty Blog: Monday Poll, Vol. 486"
  1. I always look for such blogs as it allow me to know about products more and make my life easy to make buying decision. Thank you for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9