Saturday Nine: A New Day Has Come (2002)

on
Saturday, January 7, 2017
This week's Saturday Nine:


  1. This song is about a new day. Here we are celebrating a new year. What do you hope for in 2017? Probably what I hope for every year: Good health and prosperity for myself and my friends and family. More specifically, I hope to excel in my position at work and get promoted again (and as a result, make more money). I also hope to save more money this year.

  2. Ms. Dion has said this song was influenced by the events of 9/11, and how a new day dawned after tragedy. Looking back on 2016, did something happen that you're glad to leave behind and move away from? Nothing specifically in my life; I kept really busy with work (in fact, I don't think I've ever worked so hard in my life), but it made me appreciate time, money, friends, and sleep a lot more. That having been said, a lot of terrible events happened all around the world last year and I really hope we can move forward as human beings all sharing one planet, and spread more love rather than hate. I mean, I don't think this is a specific wish for 2017, but for the future in general.

  3. In the video, Celine serenades us from billowy white clouds. Describe the sky where you are as you answer these 9 questions. Well, as it's 2:00 in the morning, the sky is dark but clear right now.

  4. This video was shot in West Palm Beach, FL. When settlers arrived in the late 1870s, the town was called Lake Worth County. Okay, your turn. Tell us something about your hometown. "North York is a district in Toronto, Ontario, Canada... The Township of North York was formed on June 13, 1922 out of the rural part of the Township of York. The rapidly growing parts of the township remained in that township. As North York became more populous, it became the Borough of North York in 1967, and then on February 14, 1979, the City of North York. To commemorate receiving its city charter on St. Valentine's Day, the city's corporate slogan was 'The City with Heart.'"

  5. Celine Dion's native tongue is French. Dites-nous quelque chose en Français. J'ai étudié le français pendant dix ans parce que c'est obligatoire ici.

  6. Celine's mother, Therese, is known in her Quebec neighbourhood as a terrific cook. Think about your own domestic talents. Where do you excel? (Food prep, house cleaning, laundry, scheduling, etc.)? I never really bothered to learn most domestic skills, to be honest. I mean, I know the basics— you know, enough to get by — but I wouldn't really call myself talented in domesticity. I'm pretty good at scheduling, though, if you consider that a domestic talent. But it's more so because it's apart of my job description at work.

  7. Growing up, Celine and her siblings often performed in her family's piano bar. Where did you most recently enjoy an adult beverage? I do not enjoy adult beverages because I can't metabolize alcohol, but the last time I was in an establishment that served adult beverages was at Osaka Sushi. (I had the chirashi sushi, and it was delightful!)

  8. In 2002, when this song was popular, Kmart was in the news because the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. What department store to you shop at most often? Wal-Mart, followed by Hudson's Bay.

  9. Random question: It's time for a midnight snack and you have your choice of one of these three — a slice of sausage pizza, a bagel with lox and cream cheese, or a piece of carrot cake. Which will you have? And what shall we bring you to drink? Sausage pizza, preferably cold. With ginger ale on ice. 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9