Rainbow Honey Nail Lacquer in The Kraken

on
Monday, January 13, 2014

Since trying out several of the Rainbow Honey nail polishes I picked up in December, I've decided that I pretty much need every single shade they come out with, especially the glitters, which I think they do phenomenally. This particular shade, The Kraken, is also from their Sakura Matsuri collection, which was meant to "invoke the feelings and emotions of this spring celebration." It doesn't remind me of spring at all (it might be celebratory, though, if you were celebrating pure awesomeness), but it's one of the more complex glitters I've seen in a while, but the shades work together so harmoniously that I can only describe it as positively magical.


The Kraken is a teal blue jelly base with gold iridescent hexagonal glitter, and teal, green, and gold iridescent round glitter and micro-glitter. It has a slightly thicker consistency that is common with glitter polishes, but it doesn't hinder the application. It goes on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. The jelly base is semi-opaque but it is so glitter-packed that it will reach opacity in two coats, though you could easily use one coat of it as a layering polish (in the photo above, I've layered it on top of Rainbow Honey's Emerald Weapon). I can't think of any dupes for this. I would say this is my favourite polish that I've tried by Rainbow Honey so far, and judging by the amount of compliments I got on this whilst wearing it and the amount of people asking me what it was and where I got it, I would say this is the most... attention-grabbing (I like to think "awe-inspiring"). Not quite like the Kraken, if you ask me, but I reckon this is what the the Kraken would see underwater if he was on acid and like, got attacked by a mermaid.
8 comments on "Rainbow Honey Nail Lacquer in The Kraken"
  1. Replies
    1. You NEED to check out Rainbow Honey, Liz, especially if you're in a glitter phase! It's not too expensive, either, at $11.50 a pop, and they're available at nailpolishcanada.com so it's free shipping for purchases over $25! I'm gonna pick up several more shades this week, lol.

      Delete
  2. Ack! So pretty! Ack! I can't even! *__*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT? It's one of the most stunning glitters I've ever seen, and that's saying a LOT as I'm a glitter fiend, LOL. I think that's why a lot of cream polishes bore me now; I've become desensitized. :P

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know, right? It's almost distracting because it just makes me wanna look at my nails all day, lol.

      Delete
  4. MAN I wish I liked glitters LOL. This on a general level is gorgeous...but I would never wear it. ~sigh~ So Lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it's okay, you can always admire from afar... and feel pleased that you don't have to spend 10 minutes taking off your nail polish with pure acetone and ruining your nails in the process... :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9