Sweater Weather Tag

on
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Many variations of this fall-themed tag have been making its rounds on YouTube (original here) and I thought it'd be fun to do since it's been a long time since I've done a tag, and also because I need a little break from all the make-up reviews. So, here we go!

1. Favourite fall candle scent?


I'm not usually into autumnal scents because I find the majority of them to be cloying, but I've somehow changed my taste this year. Recently, I've been loving the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin and Blackberry Spice candles from Bath & Body Works.

2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?


Before, my uncontested answer would be coffee. And between the three, it still is — aside from the two cups of Starbucks House Blend that I brew myself every morning, I've been thoroughly enjoying the Gingerbread Latte from Second Cup and the Caramel Brûlé Latte from Starbucks (and about a month ago, I was all about the Pumpkin Spice). But I've discovered that I can't drink that much caffeine at night because I'll have a really restless sleep, so I tend to get tea or tea-based beverages in the evening. I usually opt for a steeped tea from Tim Horton's or a Green Tea Soy Latte from Starbucks (I am not lactose-intolerant, but soy just tastes so much better in it).

3. What's the best fall memory you have? I don't know what the "best" fall memory I have is because a lot of great things happen to me in the fall. Most of my relationships have started in the fall (including my current one) and my birthday is in the fall (next week, actually), and even though I hated going to school, I loved the novelty of a new school year.

4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? Okay, everyone knows I love me a nice dark lip for fall and winter, but winged eyeliner is my signature look all year round.

5. What is autumn weather like where you live? I would say that it ranges from mildly cold to cold, and we switch back and forth between windy and sunny and cloudy and rainy. But then again, it's goddamn snowing today, so I'd say... "unpredictable."

6. Favourite Thanksgiving food? It's a tie between stuffing (with gravy) and mashed potatoes (with more gravy).

7. Hats or scarves?


I don't do hats. Never have, probably never will. It's because I have a big head and end up looking ridiculous in them. But scarves? I'm always a sucker for a good scarf. I rotate between two leopard-print ones from Aritzia and two from Uniqlo.

8. Most worn sweater? Right now, it's a waist-length black Wilfred cashmere and wool cardigan from Aritzia. I kinda wear it on top of everything. It's cute and warm and goes with everything.

9. Must-have nail polish this fall?


Obviously, I have more than one. Actually, I have ten this year: Deborah Lippmann's Shake Your Money Maker and Easy Money; A-England's Love is Enough, Sleeping Palace, and Briarwood; Butter London's Inky Six; Marc Jacobs' Petra; Julep's Karmen and Candace. I guess I'm really into sparkles right now. As if you didn't already know.

10. Football games or jumping in leaf piles? Hockey games. Been going to watch Leafs games at least once a week with the guys. It's funny because I'm not a sports kind of girl, but when I watch hockey, I get really absorbed in it.

11. Skinny jeans or leggings? Erm, how about really stretchy skinny jeans (e.g. "jeggings")?

12. Combat boots or Uggs?


I actually don't own either combat boots or Uggs. I live in these ankle booties. They're kinda part cowboy and part biker. They look kinda crappy and beaten up now, but they're so perfectly formed to my feet that I can walk for hours in them.

13. Favourite fall TV show? I honestly don't watch a lot of TV these days. I'm still behind on all my old favourites, like Breaking Bad and Dexter, which I feel like I need to dedicate like, a whole week to so I can watch them back-to-back (I get really intense with those shows). But I just caught up on Suits and New Girl, which I like to watch when I paint my nails.

14. What song really gets you into the fall spirit?



Feel free to do this tag on your own blog or even in the comments!
8 comments on "Sweater Weather Tag"
  1. Oh man, that nail polish collage. *___* LOL, I've got it baaaaaaaaad.

    This post is making me love fall all over again. I'll do the tag if I can get up enough energy to take pictures of all the things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I like it when you're on a polish kick. ;)

      I was going to tag you, but I didn't want anyone to feel obligated to do it. But you KNOW you'd be the first person I'd list. ;) You can do what I did -- just take SELECTIVE photos, lol.

      Delete
  2. Those polishes! Dang. DANG.

    Also, have you heard of London Grammar? They're fabulous, and they do a gorgeous cover of that song.

    Same as Liz. I want to do this, but then all the photos T_T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm in such a glitter phase right now, it's kinda ridiculous. Haven't touched a non-shimmery polish in months, lol.

      I have heard of London Grammar! I haven't heard a ton of songs from them, but I have heard the cover of Nightcall. I think what I appreciate about their version is that they interpreted the song in a totally different way that's still haunting but much mellower. Something I listen to when I'm just chilling out. But the Kavinsky version is just so... BAD ASS, ya know? It's my jam, what can I say. :P

      DO IT! Love to see your answers! Just do it with no photos. Or like me, with a select few photos, lol.

      Delete
  3. haha you and I are quite similar judging by these answers! OMG I LOVE THAT SONG. I like you a little more for actually knowing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, as I mentioned to Larie, "Nightcall" is my jam! It's definitely one of my most played songs (including today, I've played it 307 times according to iTunes, LOL). But... thanks! :P

      Delete
  4. i really like your answers for these :) thanks for sharing!

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9