Friday Five: Witness

on
Friday, February 1, 2013
This week's Friday Five:
  1. What’s the oddest thing you've ever witnessed in a public restroom? For some reason, I can't really remember the last time I was in a public bathroom with more than one or two other people in it, so I don't really see anything that odd. I also try not to look at other people when I'm in public bathrooms. But I think the last time I saw something strange was when a girl would not stop washing her hands. Like, the faucet would be running, she'd rub soap on to her hands, rinse them, and then repeat. Over and over and over again. I think she did this a total of five times while I was in the bathroom. She was still going at it when I left.
  2. What's the single most beautiful sight you've ever seen? I've been lucky enough to see a lot of beautiful sights in my life. Mount Fuji in Japan, Pattaya Beach in Thailand, the views of Hong Kong from Victoria Peak, the Sistine Chapel in Vatican City, the Colosseum and the Ancient Ruins in Rome, the Louvre and Arc du Triomphe in Paris, the Golden Gate Bridge at sunset in San Francisco, looking down on to Manhattan at night from the top of the Empire State Building...
  3. What random act of kindness (not perpetrated by you) have you recently witnessed? My friend, Fran, brought me a vanilla latte and a cookie from Second Cup for me for no good reason at all other than to say, "Happy Friday!"
  4. What are the best and worst tattoos you've ever seen in person? I've seen a ton of tattoos over the years especially at big rock concerts or punk festivals, but none of them were fantastic enough for me to remember them. On the flip side, I haven't seen a ton of truly horrendous tattoos in person, but I really hate the really cliché, meaningless tattoos like, you know, butterfly tramp stamps. Oh, and also really, really badly done eyebrow tattoos.
  5. What's the coolest act of daring you've ever seen in person? Pretty much anything at a Cirque du Soleil show.
4 comments on "Friday Five: Witness"
  1. I can't stand most tattoo art. Dolphins at the ankle, dragon or peacock all over the back are so overdone as well. AND CHINESE SYMBOLS ON NON-CHINESE READERS WHO THINK THEY KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, see, I love tattoo art! I'm fine with most tattoos as long as they have a significant meaning to the person it/they belong to, you know? Like, I'm pretty sure having a fairy tattoo doesn't mean anything other than you were high on LSD... Or you should have been because there is no other explanation for wanting a goddamn fairy tattoo.

      Agreed with the Chinese symbols. I'm Chinese and even I would never want a Chinese symbol tattoo.

      Delete
  2. I think angel wings on shoulder blades are really dumb-looking; I don't get what the wearer is trying to say. But the worst tattoo I've ever seen was on a military guy at a beach in Honolulu. He had "SWEET" tattooed beneath one nipple and "SOUR" beneath the other. Thanks for participating in this week's Friday 5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge fan of angel wings, either. It's almost like people don't know what else to get but they want to seem "cool" so they get a tattoo of something cliched and meaningless.

      Haha, I'm not sure if the sweet and sour nipples would be the worst... just regrettable, lol!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9