Friday Five: Hurried

on
Friday, January 11, 2013
This week's Friday Five:
  1. When did you last find yourself in a real hurry? For some reason, I always feel rushed when I'm getting ready to go to work or to go out. I try to allot enough time for myself to prep my skin, do my make-up and hair, and get changed, but I always seem to get distracted by something (e.g the Internet). Or, I get ready early enough that I'm like, "Oh, I still have 15 minutes before I have to leave the house," and then before I know it, I'm running five minutes late. It's kind of ridiculous. So, in short... this morning.
  2. Often, when we're in a hurry, we make stupid mistakes. What's an example from your life that supports this, and what do you do to prevent such things from happening again? Car accidents. I've been in two minor ones and one major one, and the cause of all of them has been due to the fact that I was in a hurry. I now have the mentality that my life isn't worth risking the rush to get somewhere. If I'm late, I'm late. 
  3. Why are some people so loud in places where quieter voices are usually appropriate? Attention. I find that a lot of high school kids do this, where they just want to say things that are scandalous or inappropriate or obnoxious and want everyone to hear them, like they have a point to prove or something. Or, perhaps, they have Tourette's...
  4. How's 2013 treating you so far? It's been okay. Nothing extraordinary; everything always seems kind of slow after the holiday rush, which makes me feel ennui. Maybe it's just winter blues.
  5. Are you more of a December person or a January person? What does this mean, anyway, and why are you whatever you are? January is by far my least favourite month of the year, so I'm going to go with December. Also because December has more paid holidays so I get fatter pay cheques and more days off.
2 comments on "Friday Five: Hurried"
  1. Ugh, the teenagers. Hate being on a bus with them so much. I have to breathe deeply and remember that I was just as annoying with my friends in Gr.9. It's like a ritual that everyone has to go through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I think it's just apart of growing up. When you're a teen, you think you're the coolest, ever, but when you grow up, you're like, "Goddamn, was I that annoying?" AHHHH YOUTH.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9