Szechuan Garden

on
Saturday, December 15, 2012
Jack and I decided to meet up at First Markham Place for dinner, and it was a debate between Owl of Minerva or Szechuan Garden (but if you ever visit the place, the name on the awning of the restaurant says "Yummy Dumpling" not "Szechuan Garden," so it can get confusing). We had already been to Owl of Minerva twice in the past week, so Szechuan Garden ultimately won out.

Wontons in chili oil

Wonton in chili oil (innards)

Steamed pork soup dumplings

Steamed pork soup dumpling (innards)

Pan-fried leek pancakes

Even though I think the freshly-made dumplings at Chinese Dumpling House are better, the dumplings here will absolutely do in a pinch when the craving hits. The steamed pork soup dumplings were actually so addictive, we ended up ordering a second batch (which really sent us over the edge near the end... but not a dumpling was wasted!). I do think the pan-fried leek pancakes are better here, but given the choice, I'd still take Chinese Dumpling House over Szechuan Garden... Though I will take advantage of their "get second order of dumplings for half-price" deal at some point and eat my weight in dumplings...


Szechuan Garden
3225 Highway 7 East
Markham, ON L3R 3P3
(905) 513-7588
10 comments on "Szechuan Garden"
  1. The food looks so good, especially the dumpling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were as good as they look! :) I could seriously eat dumplings every day!

      Delete
  2. DENISE, I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!

    I'm going to have dumplings for lunch tomorrow because of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're welcome. ;)

      Where do you go for dumplings???

      These photos are actually making me crazy hungry, too. GODDAMNIT. I always do this to myself.

      Delete
    2. I don't have good dumpling options near me at work. :( But I just had to have whatever was on hand because you always make me hungry!

      Delete
    3. LOL, sorry, Liz. Are there any good dumpling places around your house?

      I'm always on the hunt for good dumplings! :)

      Delete
    4. I feel like there should be if I venture past the Etobicoke/Mississauga border but I never go that way! Nobody hangs out in Mississauga anymore, lol.

      Delete
    5. Lolllll, did anyone ever hang out in Mississauga? :P

      If you ever venture out to Markham, there's Asian restaurants galore and most of them are better than the ones in Chinatown.

      Delete
  3. We have to eat dumplings next time!! We just have to now just because of this post.

    I've honestly been thinking about those pork dumpling soup dumplings for the past few days!
    The fault is yours. All yours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please! :D And sorry I haven't gotten back to you about my schedule -- it's been super hectic recently, as you can imagine. I am free on December 28th (Friday), but if you're busy with holiday stuff, we can re-discuss in January!!!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9