Estée Lauder Warehouse Sale — Winter 2012

on
Monday, December 10, 2012
Jack and I went to the Estée Lauder warehouse sale on Friday. I reminded him to not let me buy any make-up because I have bought way too much recently and, let's be honest, I just have too much of it in general. I wasn't really planning on buying anything (I went "just to look"), but I picked up a few things that I thought were worth it.

Origins Gloomaway Grapefruit Body Soufflé, A Perfect World Intensely Hydrating Body Cream, and A Perfect World Highly Hydrating Body Lotion

Like last time, I stocked up on some Origins body moisturizers because I love them but would never buy them at full price. I've never tried the Gloomaway line, but it smells amazing so I picked up the Body Soufflé because it was on sale for $20 from $36. And since they're some of my favourite body products of all time, I re-bought both the A Perfect World Body Lotion (for $18 from $31) and Body Cream (for $20 from $39). I was tempted to buy the Ginger Cloud Smoothing Body Balm as well, but I'm on a budget and thought spending $60 on body moisturizer was more than enough.

MAC Pressed Pigment in Spotlit, Fluidline in Local Wares, Cremesheen Glass in Meteoric, and Lipstick in Shy Girl

Now, what was really worth it was the $5 MAC charity grab bags (all the money goes to MAC AIDS Fund and the Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign). They don't display the contents anymore so each bag is a mystery, but from what I saw, each bag had at least three MAC products from collections that were released quite recently (one of which had a nail polish from the Marilyn Monroe collection!). Mine included a Pressed Pigment in Spotlit from September's Face and Body collection, a Fluidline in Local Wares from August's Styleseeker collection, and a Cremesheen Glass in Meteoric from July's Heavenly Creatures collection. I kind of regret not picking up more of the grab bags, but it's cash-only and I only had $5 on me. I take solace in the fact that I probably already have most of the products contained in the bags. But the free gift this time? Shy Girl lipstick. Totally worth going for that alone, since it's permanent and retails for $18 (and is universally flattering!).
8 comments on "Estée Lauder Warehouse Sale — Winter 2012"
  1. I love Origins and I love Spotlit. This is a nice haul you got there :) I've been drooling at the Origins souffle. Eager to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a pretty good haul, too! Small, but great products. :) I will let you know how the Origins Souffle is when I try it, which should be in a couple weeks -- I'm just finishing up a tub of Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Honey Drops Body Cream that I bought, like, three years ago and only opened recently. :P

      Delete
    2. You're right, the products look so good. The thing about body moisturisers is that you will always use them. Especially if it's from a reputed brand. It's impossible to throw out body moisturisers especially if you live in cold countries.

      I know what you mean about opening something recently. I'm trying to finish up a Philosophy body wash that I've had for awhile but can't seem to get there.

      Delete
    3. Totally! I go through a single body moisturizer in about a month. Seriously. I use up so much of it, it's ridiculous. It's strange how I can have such oily skin on my face but so much dryness on the rest of my body...

      Haha, those Philosophy body washes seriously last forever. It took me over half a year to use up my Senorita Margarita one. :P

      Delete
  2. I gave in and redeemed by Sephora points for an Origins sample box (portions are pretty decent!) and I have to say that I'm very impressed.

    And I'm so proud of you. You barely bought anything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, what was in your sample box???

      And thank you, I think I exercised some excellent self-control, lol. ;)

      Delete
  3. Nice picks! I think this was a decent semi-haul. Not crazy at all and just the necessities and some goodies for a bargain. The newest Shoppers in The PATH now carries Origins. I'm past the Origins phase now but I think this excites some people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought I did pretty well and had some self-control. ;)

      I get 30% off at Origins stores, so I try to get myself to a store if I can. Otherwise, I wait for the sale. :P I just can't bring myself to spend full price on their things knowing that I get a discount.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9