The Owl of Minerva

on
Tuesday, December 11, 2012

After last week's major disappointment, I was determined to go back to Owl of Minerva for pork bone soup, especially given the bitterly cold temperatures recently. So, the gang and I headed there and all four of us got the same thing. I usually get mine with glass noodles (I might be the only Asian person in the world who doesn't like pork bone soup with rice), but I decided to try the rice cakes this time and they are fantastic (I like the textural contrast they provide). The soup is perfectly flavourful with just enough spice (I usually get mild, and that's all the spice I need because I generally don't eat spicy), and the meat, of which you get three full hocks, are super-tender and falls off the bone easily. It was every bit the epic deliciousness that I expected. Still the best pork bone soup I've had in the city.


The Owl of Minerva
3255 Highway 7 East, Unit 7
Markham, ON L6G 0A5
(905) 477-7275
6 comments on "The Owl of Minerva"
  1. Hi! Sorry this is not related to the post but I am visiting New York for the first time in January and was wondering if you can suggest some good food and shopping places in NYC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! There's tons of good food and shopping places in NYC; you can read about restaurants and shopping places I've been to here. :)

      Delete
  2. I also LOVE rice cakes! I think we get along so well because we like the same type of foods, which is to say, we like to eat everything. LOL!

    OMG we have to go to this deep dish pizza place I went to one day. ONE DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what you're saying is... we're both fatties. :P LOL.

      Where is this deep dish pizza place? :)

      Delete
  3. I love everything with rice and hate glass noodles. But finding the best pork bone soup was the sole mission of my life during my 20s. There was one hole in the wall near my house that had the best one but the owner changed and so did the food. I'm at a loss now. They're all okay but not like that other one that was the perfect balance of spicy and savoury. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I love everything with rice" -- spoken like a true Asian! ;)

      I'm sure there are better places for pork bone soup, but this is the best I've had so far. But then, I don't go to Korean that often and I usually go to chain places. :P I should really check out more "indie" Korean restos...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9