An Early Christmas Dinner

on
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Janetta and her family invited me over to her house for my first ever Christmas dinner:

A 16-pound turkey for six people (!)

Slicing action

Served and ready to be devoured

Bread and mushroom stuffing with celery, onions, carrots, apricots, cranberries, and raisins

Shredded Brussels sprouts sautéed with onions and garlic

Roasted parsnips and sweet potatoes

Herb and garlic mashed potatoes

Deep-fried wontons

My glorious plate o' food drenched in homemade gravy

Peach berry pie

Cinnamon "wreath"

Christmas dinner seems to be a lot like Thanksgiving dinner. So much so, that Janetta accidentally called it "Thanksgiving" instead of "Christmas" about 12 times. But like my first-ever Thanksgiving dinner in October, Christmas dinner was just as epic and Janetta did a phenomenal job at cooking this festive feast, which she slaved over for two days. Thanks again for having me over, Janetta!

Now excuse me while I pass out from a severe bout of itis.
2 comments on "An Early Christmas Dinner"
  1. This is the perfect amount of food. When I used to do turkeys for Christmas, I always had either too simple or too much and it drove me bonkers. Glad you had your first real xmas dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the amount of food on my plate made me just in between just full enough and stuffed. :P Janetta had TONS of food leftover and her mom packed me a massive container to go, lol. I think they'll be eating turkey sandwiches for at least a week!

      I'm glad I had my first real Christmas dinner, too. It was about time! :) I can see why people enjoy the holidays so much, lol.

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9