Birthday Treats

on
Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gift-wrapped with ribbons and everything!

Sweet kettle corn

Snickerdoodle cookies

I met up with Janetta tonight with the intention of watching The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but Tribute.ca gave us the wrong times and it turned out that there was no night show playing. Since we already drove so far to the theatre (in Vaughan) we ended up watching The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 instead. (It was too long and stretched out, which made a lot of it really boring. And, yes, the acting is still terrible. Seriously, Kristen Stewart can be downright painful to watch. The only part that was worth watching was the epic fight scene near the end. And even then, it only lasted maybe ten minutes. Sad.) But Janetta did surprise me with some homemade treats as a birthday gift: sweet kettle corn (dyed purple!) and my favourite Snickerdoodles. I may have had a "preview" of the snacks and had to stop myself before eating all of it (you're right, Janetta, kettle corn is ridiculously addictive). Guess what I'll be bringing to snack in the car on the way to Buffalo tomorrow? Thanks, Janetta!
2 comments on "Birthday Treats"
  1. You're welcome! I'd glad you're enjoying the kettle corn. I had to make two batches, because my mum wanted some too!

    After "previewing" a couple of those cookies myself, I've gotta admit they were really good for being made from scratch without a real recipe. LOL.

    I might have to make myself a batch later (vegan?) to take over to Rich's. :)

    Share those goodies tomorrow with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate on the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cookies are SO GOOD. And still chewy!!! Thought they'd be rock hard by now, LOL.

      And yes, I will share... MAYBE...

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9