OCC Nail Lacquer in Pool Boy

on
Thursday, July 19, 2012

So, a few months ago, I went to the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics store in New York and picked up a bunch of nail polishes. I finally decided to bust them out, and of course, had to start with Pool Boy, which was the sole reason for my going to the store to begin with (OCC isn't widely sold in Canada, and they don't ship nail polishes here from their website). This shade came out last fall and I was obsessed with acquiring it, to no avail. It was sold out online and in store, and I basically had no hopes of getting it. But OCC decided to add it to their permanent line-up this year, and there was only one left when I went to the store, so I snatched that bad boy up before I could even look at anything else.


Pool Boy is a light aqua-sky blue in a cream finish. It has a fluid consistency without being too thick or runny. It does streak a bit in its first coat, but all subsequent coats go on smoothly and evenly, without any pulling, bubbling, or streaking. It has high pigmentation and will reach opacity in two coats. It is lighter and less teal than Dior's Saint-Tropez, more aqua than Chanel's Coco Blue, and much lighter than Julep's Claire. You know, despite the plethora of light blue polishes out there, this one still manages to stand out. I can't really think of any exact dupes for it. And I seriously got asked by every other girl what shade I was wearing. As a fiend for blue nail polishes, this is definitely one of my top ten nail shades of all time. And you know I don't say that lightly.
10 comments on "OCC Nail Lacquer in Pool Boy"
  1. GORGEOUSNESS!!!!!!!! Such a dreamy and vibrant colour. *hearts in eyes*

    I am so hitting OCC when I next go to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, LIZ, YOU HAVE TO. This is a most glorious colour!!!

      I am going to NYC in September -- if you don't go before then, I can always pick one up for you. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, I'm definitely not going to NYC any time soon. Maybe next year if I'm lucky. So yes, you will be hauling some nail polish for me! :)))

      Delete
    3. Haha, no problem, just let me know which ones you want! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous polish on you Denise; even in the bottle it's so eye-catching!! These shades don't look nearly as nice on my skin as they do on tones like yours, but I can live vicariously :) I've never tried an OCC polish...guess I'll just have to take a little trip to NYC in the near future ~grins mischievously~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :D You know, I think this shade would look fantastic on your skintone. Just sayin'! And if not for your hands, then definitely for your toes! :)

      OCC makes some great unique shades, for sure! Definitely worth checking out if you're ever in NYC! :D I'm definitely gonna need to snag up some more goodies when I'm there in September. ;) If you need anything, I can always buy it and mail it to you when I get back...

      Delete
  3. Holy SHIT! So this is the "Pool Boy" you were both gushing about over dinner!!

    WHere in NY is OCC? Also, as it turns out I will also be in NY in September? When are you going??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, IT'S THE BEST COLOUR, EVER!

      OCC is in the Lower East Side (174 Ludlow Street)! I'm going to be in NYC from August 31 to September 4! You???

      Delete
    2. Awww I'll be there from the 12th to the 16th.

      Try to have fun! lol

      Delete
    3. Lol, I will try... As long as there's good food, I should be okay. :P

      You have fun, too!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9