MAC Hey, Sailor!: Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balms

on
Friday, May 25, 2012

MAC released their main Summer collection, called Hey, Sailor!, in stores yesterday in North America. Hey, Sailor! is comprised of two parts, one focusing on colour and the other focusing on face and body. Together, this collection features a total of 40 products — 30 of which are new and limited edition, five of which are re-promotes, and five of which are permanent. Hey, Sailor! sees the release of three shades of Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balm, all of which are new and limited edition. Each Suntints Lip Balm comes in a limited edition navy blue and white stripe nautical design with the corresponding shade featured on the front, and limited edition box packaging featuring a navy blue and white stripe nautical design. Each Suntints Lip Balm contains 10 ml of product, and retails for $19.

Abalone, Au Rosé, and Sea Mist

Abalone is is a light-medium cool-toned pink with a transparent finish. This is a new and limited edition shade. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with low pigmentation and sheer colour pay-off. It slightly darkens my natural lip colour while adding shine. It's like a slightly pink-tinted version of Clear Lipglass.

Au Rosé is a light-medium melon pink with gold shimmer. This is a new and limited edition shade. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with low-medium pigmentation and semi-sheer colour pay-off. It adds a very subtle melon tint and quite a lot of shimmer. It's like a sheerer version of Love Nectar Lustreglass.

Sea Mist is a pale peachy beige with white shimmer. This is a new and limited edition shade. It goes on smoothly and evenly, with low pigmentation and sheer colour pay-off. It adds white shimmer and shine. It's like a sheerer version of Lustrewhite Lustreglass.

Every summer, MAC launches a new set of Suntints, and they never impress anybody and they don't sell well. I don't know why they don't just skip the Suntints and release new shades of Tendertones instead, since everyone loves those and they also have SPF. I have never been a fan of Suntints, and these haven't changed my mind. They're not moisturizing, they feel tacky on the lips, and these particular shades don't really show up on the lips. The only good thing about these is that they have SPF 20. I think these were made for those who like to spend long periods of time outdoors (like, say, on the beach) and want a gloss with SPF but don't want to look very made up. If you are one of these people, the only shade I'd recommend is Au Rosé, because it's the only one that will show up on the lips. Otherwise, these are a total pass.
6 comments on "MAC Hey, Sailor!: Suntints SPF 20 Liquid Lip Balms"
  1. These are pretty if you want to make your lips a little...juicy looking..?
    Maybe they're trying to sell the packaging. :\
    I'd rock it- I wouldn't shell out $19 for it though. HA!
    I'm pretty in love with the Plushglass you gifted me. Yay for tingling lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel like... for what it is, there are so many better options and at better prices! I just don't think this product merits the price. They don't even feel moisturizing on the lips. I think they could have marketed this product in a different way instead of as a lip balm.

      I will gladly give you a tube of this. :)

      I forgot which Plushglass I gave you, but they are strangely addictive to put on, no?

      Delete
    2. Merci!
      Now I can look pretty while camping. :P

      My bag's upstairs, but it was a light peachy/coral colour that was ever so slightly milky. Ring a bell? lol. It makes my lips look amazing and I actually love super sticky glosses. Lasts for hours and keeps my smoochers from drying. :D

      Delete
    3. Haha, yes, you'll be the prettiest girl there.

      I think it was Fulfilled Plushglass. :) It's one of my favourites, too. I find the Suntints to be stickier than Plushglass (which aren't really sticky at all), so you'll probably like them way more than I ever would. :P

      Delete
  2. Pass! I don't even think that I'd pay $10 for these... those Au Rosé is kind of pretty. I think this is the one instance where the packaging fails because shimmery glosses look best in a clear tube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agreed. I don't think I'd even pay $5 for them. :P They're just not that comfortable to wear, especially for a lip balm. I'd rather just wear gloss then, you know?

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9