Lush Haul: Karma Kream, Big, Bath Bombs, and Bubble Bars

on
Sunday, April 15, 2012

I went to Lush to pick up a new tub of Big Shampoo, and was also persuaded to pick up a jar of Karma Kream. I have their Dream Cream, which is amazing for dry, sensitive, allergy-prone skin (I have dry and eczema-prone skin), but I just could not stand the smell of it (they say it smells like lavender and chamomile, but it just smells like medicinal dirt to me). So my friend who works at Lush told me to try Karma Kream. It's a lightweight body cream made of cocoa butter and almond oil with Lush's signature Karma fragrance infused into it, which is a blend of orange flower, patchouli, and lemongrass. I normally don't like spicy scents, but there is a fresh citrus element that cuts the spice. Karma Kream actually has a really strong fragrance that lingers on the skin (so if you don't like lingering scents, you should pass on this one), but it's amazing mixed with Dream Cream. That way, I get the moisturizing properties of both, the soothing properties of Dream Cream, and the scent of Karma Kream (which is diluted by the Dream Cream, so it's not as strong).


As some of you will know, I finally tried taking a bath — to great success! I've taken a bath every week for the past month now. Honestly, it's not so much the lying in a tub of water but the bath products that make it so fun (and kind of addictive, actually). I told my Lush friend that I love taking baths now, and he was so excited for me that he ended up gifting me a bunch of bath products! He gave me two bubble bars in The Comforter and Karma, plus four bath bombs: Big Blue, Avobath, Butterball, and Sex Bomb. You don't even know how excited I am to try out these new goodies; I'm totally set for the next few months' worth of baths. Guys, bath products is an entire beauty department that is completely foreign to me. (Who knew one even existed for me?) But now that I've crossed the threshold, I sense that I will soon be making up for all the years that I was deprived of bathing. Consider me a convert.
4 comments on "Lush Haul: Karma Kream, Big, Bath Bombs, and Bubble Bars"
  1. Hahahaha, you bath fiend you! Maybe you CAN make that YT video after all, lol. Let me know if Big Blue is as amazing as it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, a YT video on TAKING BATHS. Um, I think it's a brilliant idea, actually. It would've been really helpful to me. :P

      And I will let you know -- I'll try Big Blue next! :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE The comforter. I have 2 and I just stash it in my closet to make my clothes smell good!! Hmmm love it!!

    MMM smells absolutely divine too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually never tried the bubble bars, so now I'm really excited to try one! :D

      Question, though, do you use it with a bath bomb? Or is that overkill? And how much of the bar do you put in a single bath?

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9