Models Own Nail Polish in Emerald City

on
Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'm not Irish, nor do I drink, but I thought I would celebrate St. Patrick's Day in my own way. Which means, on my nails. (Obviously.) It seems that I love wearing Models Own glitter polishes for holidays. A new tradition in the making, perhaps?


Emerald City is a medium bright cool-toned emerald green glitter suspended in a clear base. After the first coat, I thought I'd have to put at least another two or three coats to get it opaque, but it was all good after only two! Very impressive, considering the clear base. It went on quite smoothly and evenly, as well. But, really, this shade just epitomizes my love for green polishes and glitter. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day, no? (And you know I had to take advantage of wearing a green glitter polish during non-Christmas seasons.)
10 comments on "Models Own Nail Polish in Emerald City"
  1. Coincidently, my nails are painted green too!! I'm loving China Glaze's "Four Leaf Clover".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I LOVE Four Leaf Clover! :D Honestly, it was between that, Essie's Pretty Edgy, and this one... Ultimately, Emerald City won out, 'cause you know I have a thing for glitter, lol. Do you guys celebrate St. Patrick's Day over there???

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful. I had no idea Models Own nail colours looked this good. Darn, now I'm tempted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you have no idea how many more Models Own shades I want, but they're not all available for us to buy here, even online. Apparently, they sell in Boots in the UK! So unfair. :(

      Delete
    2. I've seen them in UK, but I have a problem: before I go somewhere I have a whole list of stuff I want, but when I reach there and am actually there, I don't get around to buying everything. My conscience and baggage limit kicks in and I'm very picky about which things I buy.

      Then, I come back and kick myself for not buying everything I saw :) It's a vicious cycle. Hehe.

      In Europe they have these Buy 3 save 3 GBP or something online from their own site. But shipping isn't exactly the cheapest so I have never gotten around to getting any. I'm a bit averse to online shopping as I don't like that I get taxed for anything more than 20 GBP.

      Delete
    3. Haha, well, I guess it depends on how your prioritize the stuff you want! If I went to the UK, you know I would put cosmetics/make-up right up there, on the top of my list. :P

      Same goes with online shopping, now that I think about it...

      I guess it depends on how much you want these things. If I want something enough and it's not widely available here, I will weigh whether or not the shipping costs are worth it. :P

      Delete
  3. Wow! It's hard to believe this is from two coats! It's very rare that a glitter polish goes opaque without 12312434 coats. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, it's two THICK coats... but you won't need more than three. It would probably the best to use an opaque cream polish underneath, like Essie's Pretty Edgy or China Glaze's Four Leaf Clover, and then you'd only really need one coat of the glitter. :)

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing! How much are these Models Own polishes in Cdn price?

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9