Menchie's

on
Friday, March 30, 2012

Of course, no dinner date is complete without dessert! Mary and I had been talking about Menchie's earlier in the day, and it just so happened that there is a Menchie's just down the road from The Burger's Priest. It was meant to be! So when Mary and I finished our epic burgers, we walked down the street to get some frozen yogurt. I have been to Menchie's precisely one other time, and I remember it being really quite delightful, but their locations were too far from my house for me to make regular trips, so I forgot about it. But when the opportunity arose to go, I had to jump on it! The concept at Menchie's is really quite simple: You grab a cup, pick your frozen yogurt flavour(s) (they often have 12 or so flavours churning at the same time), pick your toppings, and pay. I like that you pay by weight at Menchie's, so you can really choose how much of everything you want (there is one cup size, so you can fill it all the way or only part of the way, and also determine the ratio of your yogurt to toppings).


While I went the chocolate and candy route last time, I decided to get something lighter and healthier this time around (also given that we had just come from a most delicious but ultimately greasy dinner from The Burger's Priest). So, I mixed the Original Tart and Pineapple Tart frozen yogurts (tastes just like a piña colada, I swear), and topped it off with strawberry chunks, pineapple chunks, mochi balls, and coconut shavings. What can I say? I was feeling tropical. With chocolate and candy in general, I can only eat a limited amount otherwise it starts to get too sickly sweet. With tonight's combo, it was light and tart with a hint of sweetness, so I didn't feel sick or bloated afterward. Just perfectly content. (Thanks for a great date, Mary!) But most importantly, I recently found out that Menchie's opened up a location that is about a ten-minute drive from my house. So, guess what I'll be doing all summer?
2 comments on "Menchie's"
  1. "Oh man, I totally forgot about presentation..." *sad face*


    And I'm so glad you got their Smile card. You'll probably rack up $100 worth of points just this summer alone lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, awww, next time, Mary! I will remind you to make your food presentable! :P

      Haha, I totally forgot about that Smile card. I should probably register it online to get extra points... :D SO EXCITED FOR FROZEN YOGURT!!!

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9