Lush Haul: Ocean Salt, Dirty Springwash, and Big

on
Thursday, January 26, 2012

I went into Lush a couple days ago to look for the Red Dragon Soap that was released for Chinese New Year, but was told that Canadian stores never received them, even though they were supposed to. But I figured since I was there, anyway, I would pick up a new tub of Big Shampoo because I just ran out of it, and it has really become one of my favourite shampoos — my hair feels truly clean, light, and springy. Plus, it smells really good. (I've actually converted two of my colleagues to this shampoo.) I also bought a new tub of Ocean Salt, which I now like more as a face scrub than a body scrub, 'cause it leaves my face super soft and glowy (I went through a big tub in about a month using it as a body scrub!), as well as a bottle of Dirty Springwash Shower Gel, which I had never tried before but really like the clean, minty, ocean-y smell (I think they meant for the name to be ironic...). And the super nice guy that was helping me gave me some sample bar soaps for free (in case you were wondering, they were The Godmother, Honey I Washed the Kids, and Sea Vegetable). But, yeah, I totally ended up spending nearly $60 more than I was intending to. Ridiculous.
8 comments on "Lush Haul: Ocean Salt, Dirty Springwash, and Big"
  1. We had the dragon soaps here! It's really gorgeous! Red with gold flecks. It smells the same as KARMA (one of my favorites!).

    Have you tried Porridge? Seriously that stuff makes me want to get up in the morning! It's such a hassle to use though because theres so much granules leftover after your shower but it smells SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Like I can't even describe how amazing it smells! I really wanna try the Angels on Bareskin facial wash but it's so expensive and it MIGHT break me out or my skin will have a reaction to it. I dont wanna risk it! UGH!!! I LOVE LUSH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get one of the dragon soaps?! I was so sad they didn't have them in-store, 'cause they're available online, and even the guy that helped me in the store was like, "I called every store in the city, and no one seems to have gotten any! Maybe they made it online exclusive in Canada?" I don't like bar soaps normally, but I really wanted that dragon one, 'cause it was so pretty!

      I actually haven't used any of their bar soaps! I'm too much of a shower gel girl. :P And you should try the Angels on Bareskin! If you break out or react to it, you can return it. Lush has an amazing return/exchange policy! And you will never know if you react to a product unless you try it, am I right?

      Delete
  2. I love Lush but I've sort of lost a bit of interest after they opened a store here. Previously I used to order my stuff from the UK.

    The Angels on Bare Skin is a very nice scrub. I have very sensitive skin and I used it for months until I realized that my skin wasn't too happy with being scrubbed everyday. But it definitely did help though it does mess up your sink a bit.

    My favourite product is the Dream Cream - one of the best body moisturizers ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I totally know what you mean, Fieran. It's the same thing with limited edition products, no? It creates kind of a craze/hype and that "I MUST HAVE IT" mentality. With permanent products, it's like, "I can get it later." Ordering from the UK gave you more excitement, and now that they've opened a store there, it's not as a big a deal. Now that I work so close to a Lush store, I can go in there all the time which was exciting at first. But now I'll go through phases where I have no interest whatsoever in going in. Like, I bought one product for myself from last summer to this year (The Jilted Elf shower jelly) and wasn't interested in getting anything else until those dragon soaps got me intrigued. :P And I didn't even end up getting one!

      See, I liked the everything about Dream Cream -- and it's actually quite fantastic for eczema-prone skin like mine -- but the smell? Oh, god. I could not put that stuff on my skin and enjoy it because of that smell. :P I was so, so sad. I used about 1/8 of a tub and gave the rest to my colleague. :(

      Delete
    2. Indeed, that was the case I think :)

      I was using Dream Cream for eczema. I buy everything that is marketed for dry skin for eczema. As superficial as this sounds, my dream is to be able to wear some nice skirts this summer, without having any eczema on my legs so I've been pampering my skin with lots of different types of moisturizers like jojoba oil to Weleda's Skin Food cream. The skin is so much better and I'm hoping it remains that way, even after hair removal.

      There is a certain fragrance with Dream Cream but I'm beginning to believe that you have extra sensitive olfactory nerves :) I don't find the smell that strong. But I understand how weird it must be if you can't stand the smell of a product.

      What cream do you use now?

      Delete
    3. I didn't think I had a really sensitive sense of smell, but I guess I do, 'cause I totally thought Dream Cream had a really strong scent! It just smelled too... earthy? Not in a good way, though... like... soil! :P

      I just finished Bliss Spa's Lemon + Sage Body Butter, and am now trying to finish my bottle of Fresh Seaberry Restorative Body Cream, which is also excellent for dry, itchy, eczema-prone skin. But again, I'm not a huge fan of the smell. :P It smells like... sour haw flakes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haw_flakes)... I switch between that and Principessa's Dolce Dreams Whipped Body Lotion, which is actually really quite moisturizing and smells like vanilla and marshmallows. :) Not my favourite scent, but still pretty delightful!

      Delete
  3. I'm only starting to discover Lush now after years of scorning it. Stop showing me all this cool stuff, Denise! I can't stop looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, sorry! But you're just as guilty of showing goodies! To this day, I still want to take baths just to use bath bombs! :P

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9