Chako Barbeque Izakaya

on
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Shawn and I, along with Edward, Jesse, and Ronsee were craving Korean BBQ tonight, so we decided to go to Chako. And proceeded to eat about 30 trays of food (a.k.a. a ridiculous amount of deliciousness):

Assorted banchan: Spicy tofu, bean sprouts, kimchi, and carrots and turnips in vinegar

Assorted maki: Egg and crab rolls, mango rolls, spicy salmon rolls, and California rolls

Ready to be grilled!

Meat...

More meat...

Assorted seafood!

See? We even fit a veggie or two in there!

My plate continually looked like this the entire night; that is, it was never empty...

I do ultimately prefer the flavour of the meat at Korean Grill House. But Chako does offer a much wider variety of food, which keeps things interesting. I mean, after three trays of beef ribs and another three trays of beef, sometimes you want like, a shrimp or something, you know? Before returning to the trays of beef.

It is now four hours later. I am still full.
12 comments on "Chako Barbeque Izakaya"
  1. everything looks soooo good!! I always overeat when we at at korean bbq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. :( I think I ate enough for two people last night. I totally had multiple food babies. :(

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Let's dinner soon! Pixel 8 is calling out to us.

      Delete
  3. Being Korean, the BBQ is not a big deal to me. I'm actually too lazy to continually keep the meat cooking while eating! The last time I went, my arm became sore from all the activity. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, that's why you go with four guys and they do all the cooking!!! BEST, EVER.

      Delete
  4. Is that all you can eat? BBQ-ing and hotpot is definately one of my favorite dining experience ever!!!!!!!!! :((((((((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, we had two grills going, so there was more than DOUBLE the amount shown here. ;)

      I really should go hot-potting some time -- I haven't been in years!!!

      Delete
  5. DITTO! I love that Chako has SO many selections available, but in the end Korean Grill House (we go to the one on HWY7) has better tasting food. Funny, I just got home from KGH! Sooooo much meat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm, soooo gooood... The KGH on Hwy. 7 is the one I normally go to as well. :D

      Glad to see you're better from the flu! :) When are you free so we can shop+eat?

      Delete
    2. I'm feeling TONS better, thanks! I'm still a little stuffed up, but it's nothing compared to feeling like DEATH.

      Are you free this Saturday? It's my brother's birthday on the 11th and my anniversary with my bf the weekend after, so we can meet on the 24th if the 4th is not possible.

      Delete
    3. AS IT HAPPENS, I am actually free on the 4th!!! I am off on a weekend for the first time since, like, last November. :P What shall we do and where shall we eat?! :D

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9