Illamasqua Haul

on
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Radium, Jo'mina, and Poke

Sydney was kind enough to pick up some Illamasqua goodies for me while she was in New York City last month, and was even kinder to send them to me when she got back. So I got the package in the mail today, which contained three Nail Varnishes and two lipsticks. The first Nail Varnish is Radium, which is a bright acid chartreuse green with iridescent green and chartreuse micro-shimmer. The second one is Jo'mina, which is a bright lilac purple with pink-red undertones in a cream finish. The third one is Poke, which is a bright medium-dark magenta-purple with iridescent purple and silver micro-shimmer. All three are absolutely beautiful, and the formula is just phenomenal: smooth, even flow, amazing colour pay-off, and opaque in one coat. I have found that Illamasqua's nail polish formula is very consistent; I've yet to be disappointed with one (I currently have ten shades). For $14 USD a pop, I find them to be really worth it.

Brink and Fable

The two lipsticks I got are Brink and Fable. Brink is a gorgeous bright medium peachy-coral in a matte finish. The colour is like MAC Vegas Volt and Ravishing mixed together, or if MAC Cremesheen Glass in Richer, Lusher was completely opaque. Fable is a warm bubblegum pink in a matte finish. It's like a lighter and warmer version of MAC Pink Plaid. Both shades go on completely smooth and opaque. They are matte finishes, and while they're not moisturizing, they feel very comfortable on the lips. Illamasqua's lipsticks have some of the best pigmentation I've ever seen, with a fairly long wear-time as well. At $20 USD each, they are more expensive than MAC, but are otherwise in-line with most luxury brands. I really, really love Illamasqua's products; it's definitely a brand created by make-up artists for make-up lovers. Moreover, the quality never wavers and I really do think they're worth the price. My only qualm about Illamasqua? It isn't available in Canada. I don't know why, 'cause Illamasqua is made in the UK. We share a queen, for god's sake! They need to get on this, stat.

Thanks again, Sydney!
4 comments on "Illamasqua Haul"
  1. Oh whew, I'm so glad they made it to you safely and the polishes didn't break! I had them mark it as FRAGILE just in case haha!

    Poke looks SUPER pretty in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks, Sydney! They were wrapped up really well. :) They all look phenomenal on. I will definitely put up swatches of them in the next few weeks. :) Did you end up getting any goodies for yourself??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. I've never understood the lack of Illamasqua in Canada. We're here willing to spend $$$, HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Liz -- yeah, it's totally unbelievable that Illamasqua hasn't come to Canada yet! I don't know if this is good or bad thing, though, 'cause I feel like I'd go broke in an instant if it was easily accessible... I pretty much want all of their nail polishes and about 15 other lipsticks, not to mention their eyeshadows and blushes and glosses... :(

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9