OCC Pretty Boy: Loose Colour Concentrates

on
Wednesday, October 12, 2011

For its Fall/Winter collection, Pretty Boy, OCC released three new shades of Loose Colour Concentrate, of which I picked up two. Loose Colour Concentrates are "lightweight, ultra-refined, densely pigmented powders" that can be used on eyes, face, and body (similar to MAC Pigment). Due to the intense pigmentation, a little goes a long way, because too much of this product will lead to fall out. OCC is not yet widely available in Canada, so it is easiest to purchase their products online (or for those going to IMATS this year!). Each Loose Colour Concentrate contains 2.5 grams, and retails for $12 USD. All OCC products are 100% vegan and cruelty-free.

Poison and Cruising

Poison is a blackened forest green with hints of brown in a frosty, metallic finish. It goes on smoothly and has very rich colour pay-off. It works equally well used wet or dry. It reminds me of Illamasqua's Nail Varnish in Viridian, but in powder format. It is darker and more green than MAC's Pigment in Emerald Dusk.

Cruising is a brassy, almost antique, gold in a frosty, metallic finish. It goes on smoothly and has rich colour pay-off. Used dry, it looks softer and less metallic. Used wet, it looks smoother, more metallic, and more opaque. It is darker and more yellow than MAC Pigment in Gold Mode (discontinued), and lighter than MAC Pigment in Cocomotion (discontinued).

Both Poison and Cruising are absolutely beautiful colours. Cruising is slightly less unique, only because there are so many metallic gold eyeshadows and pigments available out there, but is totally worth getting if you are on the market for a gold eye colour. Poison is just stunning, especially in a smoky eye, and more unique than Cruising, though perhaps less wearable. Like with MAC Pigments, I recommend using OCC's Loose Colour Concentrates on top of a base or primer so the powder adheres better onto skin. It would also work beautifully with a mixing medium to use as an eyeliner. I love that OCC sells their Concentrates in smaller batches, too, 'cause for anyone who has bought a MAC Pigment will know, it lasts forever (seriously, you can split a MAC Pigment with five other people, and you'll still never be able to finish it). Very much worth the price as well, since a little goes a long way. I'm really excited to check out some of OCC's other Concentrate shades.
6 comments on "OCC Pretty Boy: Loose Colour Concentrates"
  1. I *love* Emerald Dusk. I picked it up recently, and wore it once. I am thinking of various ways to combine it with other shades but it's such a rare shade of tealy-gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Fieran! You can wear Emerald Dusk with blues, greys, greens... I tend to wear it with something neutral like All That Glitters, or Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Sweet Satisfaction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, Sweet Satisfaction? Ah, use Emerald Dusk as the outer, darker colour? Thanks, I'll definitely try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poison looks really, really good!! Kid of reminds me of an oil slick (which is really bad!), but pretty. And I have always wondered if anyone actually finished MAC pigments. Someone gave me a tiny sample and I'm sure it's still somewhere in my room with a lot of pigment left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fieran -- exactly! I add a tiny bit of Carbon just in the outer corner to deepen it a little, too. :)

    And Mary, I don't personally know anyone that has finished a full jar of pigment. Like, you use such a microscopic bit for the eyes... Though, to be fair, some people do use it on the body, and in that case, I can see why pigments come in such big containers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have about 8 jars of pigment..I only bought the ones I love. But I'll probably never finish any in the next 3 years ;)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9