MAC Prep + Prime Pressed Transparent Finishing Powder

on
Thursday, August 18, 2011

MAC released a new collection today called Prime Focus. It features six new and permanent products, all in the Prep + Prime family, which, as the name implies, is a collection of priming products. With Prime Focus, MAC has released their Transparent Finishing Powder in a pressed compact form. It's great for someone like me, who does not like loose powders. I absolutely love the benefits of the Prep + Prime Finishing Powder, but I hate loose powders so I didn't use it as much as I liked. But this new compact solves that. It contains 6.3 grams of product, and comes in the black sparkly Prep + Prime packaging. Pressed Transparent Finishing Powder retails for $27.50 each.


Prep + Prime Pressed Transparent Finishing Powder, like the loose version, is meant for minimizing the appearance of imperfections when used with foundation, and to control oil. While "finishing" insinuates setting foundation or make-up as a last step, it is also phenomenal under make-up. A lot of people might be skeptical of using a powder as a foundation primer, but it is absolutely wonderful, especially for those who are oily. It will leave your foundation looking flawless and shine-free for at least eight hours. The powder itself is stark white, which may be scary to some, but it is absolutely transparent. Not translucent, but transparent. It doesn't add any colour at all, which is why it is perfect for every skin tone. It will not make people look ashy or ghostly, as many may think. It is such an under-utilized product from MAC, but the benefits are so great. And now it comes in a compact version, so it's portable, easy-to-use, and best of all, not messy! If you're on the market for a new setting powder and/or primer, definitely check this out.
5 comments on "MAC Prep + Prime Pressed Transparent Finishing Powder"
  1. I love this powder, I have it in loose form and end up inhaling some of it each time I apply which really bugs me.

    I had no idea this can be used as a primer. Thank you! I am Little Miss Oily Face and am always looking for a better primer. Thanks for the tip Miss D :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that's why I hate loose powders, too. That, and I find that I get it everywhere. My entire bathroom counter is completely sprinkled with powder once I'm done. And so much product gets wasted, too.

    Oh, totally try this one was a primer! This, and MAC's Face Protect SPF 50 = sweat + oil-free in the most humid of weather. :D

    You're totally welcome -- ask me anytime if you need any make-up tips! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Denise :)

    I'm a bit afraid of MAC's primers ever since the Prep+Prime (not the squeeze tube, but the press pump version) face primer made me break out in cystic acne :/ I've been using Laura Mercier's oil free primer for awhile now but my oily skin is rebelling by still releasing so much oil, especially in summer/humid weather.

    If I do see the Face Protect, I will definitely get a sample to try though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered this online! I am SO excited. I have ridiculously oily skin. I'm just curious as to the difference between this and the Pressed Blot Powder? Do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Fieran -- yes, the original Prep + Prime Skin primer isn't really meant for oily skin. It's definitely a more hydrating formula, and I always recommend it for more drier skin types. Let me know when you get to try the Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50 and how you like it!

    Hey Kahyen! Haha, most Asians do have really oily skin -- I always recommend this! As a finishing powder, I actually use Blot Powder and this transparent powder interchangeably, though the transparent powder is more finely milled and adds absolutely no colour to the skin, whereas Blot Powder does have a slight tint. But this powder is phenomenal as a primer as well, not just a finishing powder, so I would say that it's more multi-tasking. :)

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9